Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Default NL25 two hands with JJ

I lose money with JJ over a good size sample, so this is two hands with JJ where i don't know i had well played.

1-Vilain is 15/4/0.7 over 70.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $24
SB: $46.10
BB: $24.15
UTG: $53.40
Hero (CO): $32.30

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6

River: ($22.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

2- No stats on vilain.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $27
CO: $24.65
BTN: $22.70
SB: $6.65
Hero (BB): $25.25
UTG: $24.15

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, MP folds, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, BTN calls $6

Turn: ($21.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($21.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $11.95 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $11.95

Results: $45.75 Pot ($2.20 Rake)
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: NL25 two hands with JJ

Hand 1: Your hand is looking good until your tight-passive opponent flop checkraises you, which puts you in an uncomfortable situation. You would think that he would think that this flop missed you and his 66 is probably good, but I don't really expect a 15/4/0.7 to be thinking that way, even if it is only 70 hands.

Nevertheless, if you knew you were going to get to showdown for just $8.50 more at the time when you were getting checkraised and then bet into on the turn, then I think you'd want to take that deal. Unfortunately, what I suspect happened is that that third diamond scared Villain and he won with his set or his QQ.

Anyway, I wouldn't fold my overpair to the small and trappy flop checkraise, but when Villain followed up with a 3/5 pot bet on the turn, I wouldn't be sure what to do, but given Villain's stats and his line, grudgingly folding does seem like a consideration.

Hand 2: Man, that river card sucks. You wouldn't think it would be so bad versus a PFR, but Villain is playing as if he has a 5, somehow (or like he's been slowplaying the whole way postflop, which is another concern).

But all that's kind of irrelevant, really, because basically you were committed already after the flop bet, given that the pot became huge preflop and you flopped your overpair, and it's really just a question of how you're going to go about getting the rest in. Pushing the turn would be my default.

Anyway, hopefully he had 99 or TT or 8x.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 AM

A river shove on Hand #1 would be quite sexy. He liked that river a lot less than you, and judging by his stats, he might be capable of a big laydown because your line looks an awful lot like a flush draw...just a thought.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 AM

The great thing about shoving the river in hand 1 is he could actually look you up with worse here so it's not a complete bluff.

Hand 2 is a pretty easy turn shove
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 AM

i think a river shove on hand 1 is a bad idea. Like the guy above said, I think his CR screams of a set, and his stats don't really suggest otherwise....the diamond obv scared him off which is good for you. whatever he has beats you - a flush(him hoping for another CR, but probably doubtful) or a set, or possibly queens.

Yeah, second hand...with no stats who knows but yeah, you're committed, shove that on the turn. You're probably beat unless the guy's a maniac, either way....by the river the only hands you're beating are nines and tens. tough hand. A shove or a lay-down on the river, no way would I call that bet, that's a bit nitty b/c of the pot size, but at least you'd save yourself 12 bucks.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:42 AM

hand 1 is perfect imo, hand 2 you shouldn't bet the flop if you're not willing to shove that turn
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 AM

in hand 1, you only beat TT, although i don't think that play was bad, i think, given someone that nitty, i think i MIGHT be able to fold the turn, as he's not doing this with a hand you beat.

hand 2, bet the turn and the river decision will be easy.