Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Trying to improve my aggressiveness, this river is not the spot, is it

I am 3 betting this river close to never, unles I have a very specific read/note on a villain. Is anybody else finding a 3 bet here ?

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 10-06-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Trying to improve my aggressiveness, this river is not the spot, i

I just call, the flop and turn are drawy enough that you would have heard from a worse A then.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Trying to improve my aggressiveness, this river is not the spot, i

If he has the flush, you're likely getting 4-bet.
If he has an Ace, he'd have raised turn or flop.

Easy call. nh.

If villain is agressive, this was a spot u might have been able to c/r the turn, if you're looking for spots to up your AF.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Trying to improve my aggressiveness, this river is not the spot, is it

This is closer to a fold than a 3-bet. Not that I am folding, just saying 3-betting an unknown here is terrible

If you want your river AF up look for spots to bet/fold more and c/c less.

Also, why do you want it up? I know plenty fo winners with river AF's below 1.5.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Trying to improve my aggressiveness, this river is not the spot, is it

[ QUOTE ]

Also, why do you want it up? I know plenty fo winners with river AF's below 1.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is closer to 1.2 than 1.5, I figured a higher aggression factor on river will lead to more $$

I figure I c/c way too much rather than b/f. I will look for more of these spots.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Take it from THE river spewmaster - don't EVER three-bet the river in a situation like this. I'd wanna fold this really badly.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:36 PM

Kewl I am glad my default line of b/c this river met with general approval.

I made the crying call, thinking something like 44 or runner runner flush had got there, luckily for me, villain was raising with 2 pair, Kings and 4's
Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM

It's about the worst spot you can find [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]