Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Non alcoholic beer

There are about 5 I see at the local beer store, but I'm not really looking for them anymore so there could be more. The ones I see the most are from the bigger breweries, meaning they get better shelf space than the others. O'Douls, O'Douls Amber, and Sharps are almost always available, but they suck.

I've had the Becks NA and Clausthaler, both were not so bad. I think that's pretty much how you rate an NA beer, somewhere between very sucky and not so bad.

--
TomE.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 AM

I have never tried this, but have a friend that drinks NA and he says its real good.

It is brewed by Guinness, how could it not be good??
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I drank NA's for ~8 years. While none of them come close to tasting like real beer, Bucklers NA made by Heineken was the best of the bunch.

--
TomE.

[/ QUOTE ]

a good NA beer tastes better than a bad light beer (Bud Light)
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My dad recently let it slip that he's been trying some near beers lately. He quit drinking a couple years ago after a nasty cancer scare. Are there any "good" brands? I'd love to ship him a case of something that sucks slightly less that the rest of them. I found http://www.tobp.com/review/nabrews.asp but I haven't tried any of the beers so I don't really have a frame of reference.

Any alkies around that have succumbed to the near beer devil?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and sister both drank St. Pauli Girl NA during their pregnancies when they were in social situations -- both said that it was surprisingly good. This was confirmed by a recovering alcoholic friend of mine that drinks it during our poker games. All three of them claim it's the best on the market.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My dad recently let it slip that he's been trying some near beers lately. He quit drinking a couple years ago after a nasty cancer scare. Are there any "good" brands? I'd love to ship him a case of something that sucks slightly less that the rest of them. I found http://www.tobp.com/review/nabrews.asp but I haven't tried any of the beers so I don't really have a frame of reference.

Any alkies around that have succumbed to the near beer devil?

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and sister both drank St. Pauli Girl NA during their pregnancies when they were in social situations -- both said that it was surprisingly good. This was confirmed by a recovering alcoholic friend of mine that drinks it during our poker games. All three of them claim it's the best on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have a good friend who had to drink NA beer for a period due to liver problems, and he said St. Pauli Girl wasn't bad.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM

on a slightly unrelated note, i have a friend who is allergic to wheat. he obv cant drink beer so he buys this like non-wheat having beer (like not even hops i think). it tastes like sugary ass holes
Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a slightly unrelated note, i have a friend who is allergic to wheat. he obv cant drink beer so he buys this like non-wheat having beer (like not even hops i think). it tastes like sugary ass holes

[/ QUOTE ]

my aunt has a similar allergy. she drinks hard liquor instead. (i'm pretty sure even hard liquors mess with her a little bit, but she just chooses to get drunk anyway)
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM

Years ago I drank O'Douls Amber for a few weeks. I actually really enjoyed it, although apparently not as much as the funny feeling alcoholic beer gives me.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM

yeah my friend cant drink whiskey of any kind and cant drink most forms of gin, vodka or rum. he drinks wine and tequila and fake ass no wheat beer.

he also cant eat bread like ever, cant eat out except mexican food, cant eat like anything lol what a [censored] thing to suffer from
Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 PM

on a related note, i have a super alchy friend who occasinaly drinks the non-alch beer. ill ask him what he likes, hes sleeping now i think