Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, who do newborns to 4 year olds need to be playing in the street? i can understand 8+ boys playing in the street because cement > grass, but what the [censored], I would never allow a 3 year old to play in the street, regardless if "Frank and Jennie are watching them"

[/ QUOTE ]

right. If the kids are a little older (even 8ish might be young), than it changes things.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

there is no way in hell I let my 1 to 5 year olds play in any street with any possibility that they could get hurt ..ever. that is bad parenting

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 PM

I live in a cul-de-sac. My daughters are six and two years old. They never, EVER, are allowed in the street. I would be a bad parent for allowing them to do so.

Besides, one of the big advantages to living in a cul-de-sac is huge backyards.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to have kids, but the whole neighborhood coalition and Cul De Sac thing makes me want to kill myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bring them up your own way. Summers in Rangoon, meat helmets, that sort of thing.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Then when they are insolent put them in a burlap sack and beat them with reeds!

PS - Something to lighten the thread a little
Old 09-08-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok lets see if I have this right, a kid that just learned to drive runs a stop sign and you get all over him because your pissed at your niehbor. The kid probibly felt pretty bad and but he honestly didn't see the sign so wtf??? The answer to your problem is simple:

1. Be a parent. Stop letting your kids play in the street. The street is for cars. Play on your lawn or go to a park.
2. Stop being a shity nitty neihbor or expect to get your house egged when you go away on vacation or worse broken into.

[/ QUOTE ]

god this post is written by a 19-year-old

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I tend to stay out of threads where the stupid and entitlement quotients are this high, but here goes.

I feel qualified to comment on this because
1. I have 2 kids 9 and 23 months
2. I grew up living in a cul-de-sac

OP, you are the dum. Just because other people let their kids play in the street, in other neighborhoods, has no bearing on wether or not your kids should be playing in the street. You say there is an issue with people running the stop sign. So you know there is a potential danger, and instead of reacting to said danger (like making your kids ride their bikes in the driveway, a perfectly reasonable option) you insist that you have the right to be in the street.

WHY? the law says that cars should yield the right of way to a pedestrian, if you are playing in the street you are not a pedestrian, you are an obstacle. If your kids are riding their bikes in the street are they obeying all traffic laws, going one way, staying to the edge of the street? I doubt it, so they are breaking the law just as much as the asstard who ran the stop sign.

You seem to think your kids are entitled to play in the street, just because they do it, and you are there to see it, they are not. The street is not a park, it's not a play land, its a street, for cars to drive on. Teaching a 4 year old that it is OK to play in the street just reinforces to them that this is a place to play, and increases the liklihood that they will make a bad decision to play in a busier road and get hurt.

Is the driver who ran the stop sign right, hell no, stupid kid should be more careful, but your kids should not be in a position where a person using the road for what it was intended (to drive a car on) could hurt your child.

You are both wrong, the mom sounds like a fruitcake, and I won't discuss her, but you are not in the right here, get your kids the hell out of the road until they are old enough to understand the degree of resonsibility that playing in the street requires (FYI my oldest just turned 9 and this is the first year he gets to ride his bike in the street, in a residential neighborhood, with very low traffic).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry NT, you have no idea what you're saying here. We have a right to be out there. Especially when you consider the kids are on bikes, which makes them legally operating a vehicle in the street which cars have to yield to, but that's beside the overall point that we are legally allowed to be playing out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

please to be linking to virginia statute that says toddlers on big wheels constitute legal traffic, and that they have the right to play in the street.

and beyond this, i don't care if it's in the constitution, if letting my kid play in the street puts them in danger, i am not going to [censored] let them play in the street. do you also carry your kid through the ghetto at night wearing a klan robe because 'you have a right to be there'? no, because it's [censored] stupid, and so is letting your kid play in traffic.

i don't know where you get the idea that you have a right to play in the road, but it's certainly not from any law. as i already explained to you, just because it's illegal to run over a pedestrian doesn't mean they are supposed to be there. i'm not supposed to to shoot a burglar who is fleeing my house, but that doesn't mean he's allowed to be there. you are seriously dense as a [censored] brick if you can't see the difference.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:52 PM

Cliff notes:

Parents and people above 30 agree with OP.

People under 30 without children do not.

I can so hear that lady bellowing "These are good kids!"
"Yah, I get it. [censored] you, dumbass."
Old 09-08-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Parents and people above 30 agree with OP.

People under 30 without children do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

more like

parents with a gross and distorted sense of entitlement willing to gamble with their kids' lives agree with OP

everybody else thinks he's an idiot.

there are plenty of parents in this thread telling OP he's a [censored] moron