Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Default best approaches of playing style in different Limits

Tilte says it.

I started out at nL 200 and played pretty laggy like 32/35 or something and it was pretty easy and i ran well too though, so i didnt want to waste time and tried out some nL 400 and it was different, ppl resteal coldcall 3bet and calldown lighter and i felt playing like i did at nL 200$ propably wasnt the best approach especially with me having no experience, i suddenly didnt felt very comfortable anymore.

What are your experience/ opinions?

Mine are very limited though since i only played 5K Hands nL the last 3 days.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: best approaches of playing style in different Limits

My 2c:
nl25 and below, tight is right. nl50-nl200 you can make money as a solid tag or solid lag, supernitty, good shortstacking - they'll all make you money, but single tabling good lag play is the highest winner/100, solid tag play multitabling is the highest rate/hour.

NL400 + is a different ballgame, and you need to get good fast. I doubt multitabling more than say 3 tables will be a good idea unless you shortstack. Even then the regulars will get to know you REAL fast, and steal the crap out of you and offer you no action back when you do come into a hand if you're good at shortstack, otherwise they'll just crucify you if you're bad.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 PM

I think iam pretty tough to play against, i will not let me push around and have no problem with putting 1/3 of my stack in when i suspect a resteal or whatever. I just suspect that the advantages of playing like 32/25 or similar semilag styles will not do you a favor at higher limits for reasons mentioned in the OP.PPl are more aware of dynamics how u play try to figure u out, i feel the best thing is try to think what ur opponent is likely to think about u and then go with this. I think having a variable game is really important, so that ppl cant figuere u out.

I think i do pretty well i just donk off my stack too light unfortunetly.

I think the advantage of beeing a lar or slag (ie trying to steal a lot) i basiclly gone at a higher game since ppl are more likely to try to counter you while at nL 200$ they basiclly dont even want to, ppl who just wnat to play their str8 forward game are just more common there i guess.

So my basic question is should i keep playing like i do or should i calm down an play the solid suggested or whatever u want to call it style? Whatever that would be.

I guess like 24/10 or somethig
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 PM

you can lag it up successfully at nl400, but only really good players can do this and sustain it, and even good players will find it sswingy as hell. Have a ton of buyins for the level if that's how you want to play it.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:46 PM

I have more then a hundred buy ins for that level but i dont like having big swings anyway. I think i might try some good solid poker and see how that pays off.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:01 PM

"you can lag it up successfully"

whats considered laggy?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 AM

Wunder, though 32/25 is "semilag" in 6max LHE, pretty sure that's full on LAG in NL.