Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki, NBA MVP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kobe's great, but he's also selfish. All you have to do is look at how their teams did around them. Kobe isn't worried about making those other guys better, its all about him. Nash will play for the name on the front of his jersey, not the name on the back. If Kobe could ever coexist with another star, or even tolerate him like he did with Shaq, he'd win another ring or six. As it looks now, that's kinda doubtful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really haven't watched much of the Lakeshow. The other 4 guys on that team just stand around the majority of the time Kobe has the ball. I mean they don't move, they just clear out the lane, and watch him go to work. Putting Nash on that team really isn't as great as you think because the supporting cast is terrible. People think Nash makes guys like Amare and Marion great; he definitely makes them better, but see how good the Suns are if you sub Kwame for Amare or Walton for Marion. I am not a Nash hater at all, but Kobe really is the best player in the league right now. He's putting up Jordan type numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amare made a jump AFTER nash got there. What about diaw, barbosa, bell, jj, q, jones, t thomas? You think Nash helped their game?

I live in LA and have watched a lot of Lakers game. I'd argue kobe's teammates just stand around instead of cutting because they weren't given the confidence to shoot. Maybe they didn't want kobe screaming down their throats after ever miss.

Do you play harder in a pickup game when your team is moving the ball around on offense? It seems like kobe's teammates don't enjoy playing with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I 100% agree that Nash makes his teammates better and to a much further extent than Kobe for that matter. And I acknowledge that since you live in LA you've seen more Laker games than me, although I probably watched like 9-11 Laker regular season games. However, if you swap out Nash for Kobe on the Lakers this year, I don't think that team gets better. To be fair to Kobe though, the Lakers did have injury problems this year and they sure as hell had no legitimate shot at beating the Suns in the playoffs. Look at the starting lineup, the only other decent player is Lamar Odom, and he has always had more potential than actual game. Luke Walton, Brian Cook, Smush Parker/Farmar, and Kwame all log decent minutes for this team and are really bad. For once I'll agree with the media: if Kobe shoots too much and they lose, its bc he didnt get his teammates involved, if he shoots to little and they lose, its bc he didnt shoot enough.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Wasn't Amare ROY w/o Nash???
Old 05-11-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't Amare ROY w/o Nash???

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Kwame 1st pick overall? Didn't Kwame have a great first... 30-40 games?
Old 05-11-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I'm going to have to disagree with KC, though it pains me to do so

[/ QUOTE ]

awww.. how cute. You're probably right, btw.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM

lol don't get all gay on me, k thx.

Sheed for MVP.

-Al
Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM

one point about the Clips comparison, though... one team has Mike Dunleavy, the other doesn't. Just sayin'.

I'm just wondering what it's going to take for Kobe to thrive and get deep in the playoffs. The team is woeful, and he didn't help by forcing out Shaq getting $0.50 in return. The Caron Butler trade sucked, too. They're in rough shape. Even if they pull of a miracle and snag KG, I think that alone could get them to the WCF, but it'd be tough. The rest of the guys still blow.