Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Live with Gynecologist(sp?)

[ QUOTE ]
I would say you need to bet the turn after he checks the flop...though it would be absolutely brilliant of him to check AA on the flop if he knew this would happen to get him 3BB instead of 2.5BB from a lower high PP. Might have been better to ask about turn action before showing his action after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else agree that it would be a brilliant play for villain to check behind the flop w/ AA?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would say you need to bet the turn after he checks the flop...though it would be absolutely brilliant of him to check AA on the flop if he knew this would happen to get him 3BB instead of 2.5BB from a lower high PP. Might have been better to ask about turn action before showing his action after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else agree that it would be a brilliant play for villain to check behind the flop w/ AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

villian is OOP. i dont think it's that brilliant for villian to check flop OOP after 7 betting pf, you will almost certainly get called down (95%.. 5% for when hero folds heroicly on the river or has AK and is nutty pf or just slips and somehow his cards get misclicked intot he muck) for 2.5 bets vs. "weird play" action like checking behind twice w/ KK going for the extra .5 bets but costing yoruself 1.5 or so often enough to make it costly.

so no i dont think it's that brilliant....unless you're levelling me where which WOULD be brilliant!

Barron
Old 01-11-2007, 08:38 AM

"villian is OOP"

no.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Everyone's saying it would be brilliant for him to check behind on the flop with AA. When I was playing the hand, I felt like it was smart but also kind of an obvious thing to do. The fact that everyone on here is like, he checked the flop he has ak, duh, confirms how easy it should be for him to get an extra 1/2 bet. So, I just didn't want to play into it. I mean, when you get 7-bet by a relative unknown, AA has to be a strong favorite for his holding, and the simple fact of him checking the flop behind doesn't necessarily change that.

I should have changed a few things to make this a better post. I could have pretended that I was the big blind and made it 7 bets with AA and then checked the flop behind but got screwed when opponent checked the turn. Or I could have said that the hand was against a strong thinking player or something (this is how I preliminarily read him -- strong player playing small, f'ing around).
Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Amir isn't a strong player playing small, he's a rich spew. I'd bet turn and river and think preflop is about right.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he check calls the flop and a blank falls, an argument could be made for bet/folding the turn toa c'r since it's CLEAR you shouldn't be folding given the action you put in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's bad to use this kind of logic against unknowns. Especially in big pots. No line should end in fold.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:59 PM

I wouldn't recommend living with a Gynecologist. They're usually strange dudes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 03:50 PM

Yes, I realized that soon after playing the hand in question, and if I had known a bit earlier, I'd be $200 richer.