Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Default 10/25 NL live did I play AA right?

Foxwoods 10/25, 10-handed.

Villain is a careful player who thinks, but doesn't seem to be super strong. His image of me is that I don't play many hands but can raise with a wide range of hands preflop, and I play well after the flop.

Villain has 6000, I cover.

I am in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Preflop
One limper and I raise to 125. All fold to villain in the BB who calls. Original limper folds.

Flop (275): K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain checks, I bet 200, and villain calls. At this point I put him on AK, KQ, QQ, JJ, 44, 55, with a small chance of something strange.

Turn (675): 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain leads out for 300, and I decide to just call. Would anyone raise here? I think his most likely hands at this point are KQ and AK, but other stuff is definitely possible.

River (1275): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks fairly quickly, and I decide I am going to represent a bluff. I will pretend to be trying to represent KJ or JJ while holding 56 or 66. I bet 850. What do you think?