Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if they don't admit wrongdoing and the existence of superusers, their integrity will take a permanent hit. It won't be as bad if it's a "but we acknowledge chip dumping and are giving the money back, wink wink nudge nudge," but it's still less than an ideal response given all the evidence that has appeared.

If they were to admit wrongdoing, then their integrity will still take a hit...with the difference being that coming clean affords them the opportunity to restore that integrity. If they were to admit:
- We had superuser accounts for testing purposes/whatever reason they were there
- They were not designed to be used ever again
- Certain executives within the company (Scott Tom, AJ Green) made an unfortunate decision to utilize these accounts to cheat other players for their personal gain

...and then fire all of those douchebags and anyone else that was complicit in the operation, and rebuild management from the ground up with some experts that the poker community might actually trust. For example, pay Lee Jones a shitton of money to leave the EPT and manage their room and give him access to everything. Everyone trusts Lee Jones! I know I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee Jones is my baby's godfather.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:27 PM

Dear AP,

think about how big this story is, and how big it is going to become. Think about how much smaller it would have been if you had just admitted to a security breach from the outset, reimbursed aggrieved parties, and tightened up procedures. Try to deduct what action you should take right now.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You also don't seem to realize that there needs to be a public admission in order for there to be public steps taken to ensure this can't happen again. Such as firing/prosecuting/blacklisting anyone involved. Such as getting a trusted independent security company in. Such as hiring a well known manager as their public face, and giving them full access to everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what got them into this mess?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keeping in mind that I was probably speaking for a lot of the people involved, I answered the following:

Our biggest problem is the fact that we were cheated out of a lot of money...

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point you have lost the ball, Dan. I hope Adanthar and N 82 50 24 are more principled. Back to nwp you go.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Wow....put me in the "Druff must have been bought off" camp

No way in hell do we settle with that as a solution.

AP- Your picking a dangerous spokeman for us....someone who has large(?) amounts of money to be conceviably gotten back. It is NOT those players who will be the downfall of your site if not tended too.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Incredible how one person's actions can collapse a whole company in no time at all.

Imagine what it's like to be the instigator behind all this.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

I understand Dan wanting his money back, but his solution just makes him complicit in the coverup that has all of us that aren't out any money so outraged.

The angle that AP should be looking at is trying to explain

1- that their *current* management is not connected to this issue (there still seems to be a chance of this, correct?)

2- that they've severed all ties with Scott Tom et all.

3- that they've repaid the effected players

4- that they've put in place measures that will not allow this to happen again.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

I really appreciate Druff's efforts.
He practically got an admission out of them in his phone-conversation which is somewhat huge I think.

But instead of everyone speculating about some of the background of this stuff happening I agree with others that AP needs to come clean.

I know it's a "damned if you, damned if you don't" situation and I apprecaite that perspective.
But I, for one, would not even consider playing on that site without them coming clean.

Admittedly, the chances of me playing on that site anyway weren't very high. I don't like the software, am mostly happy on other sites, etc etc.
But I had recently received an e-mail about RB and various other promotions on one of their skins and it certainly looked attractive to me for perhaps some part-time play. I would have considered it anyway.

While Druff and a few others might actually go back there if they got their money back, and I can't blame those who are down several thousand bucks for taking such a stance, there are many other players who i think will continue to stay away even if they do pay back their customers...but may actually consider playing there again if they offer a more honest admission, are more open with what happened including some of the details that might not be known here yet, take accountability, and also outline some of the steps about how this won't happen again.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Incredible how one person's actions can collapse a whole company in no time at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not true. It's the cover up, by multiple people, that is going to collapse it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
come on...Druff is trying to get alot of money back

quit hating on him

you can say that you disagree with him, but he's just doing what 90%+ of us would do

hell, most of us play poker for a living--we are not exactly model citizens

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine but at this point he doesn't speak for the poker community.
Closed Thread