Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Iso-raising

Assume you're in a loose-passive low-limit game with some random aggression. The rake is quite high. What are your limping and raising hands in these situations:

1 LPP limps and you're on the button. Both blinds will call almost every time if you raise and everybody will peel the flop and a good amount of turns.

Same thing, but now you're in the CO and a LPP is on the button and is likely to cold-call quite often if your raise.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Iso-raising

Not sure if this is standard or just my style, but there are very few hands I am calling with here. Almost any hand that I play here I am raising. Medium-High suited connectors, any two suited cards over ten. QJ+, 66+ maybe. Raising all of that. However, in the games I am playing, I am typically getting cold called on the button 1/3 of the time and the BB calling about 3/4 of the time.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 PM

What's your reasoning behind raising mid suited-connectors here and hands like QJo?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 PM

1. r: A6o/s, K9s,KTs, KJo, QJs, JTs , 66+
l: A2345s, KTo,QTo/s, QJo, TJo. 22-55, 45s+, J9s, Q9s

Second situation is same as above except for teh calling Hands wich is raise now except 22-55 and the lowest Aces..i might raise A4s+

dunno about limping
Old 05-07-2007, 03:13 AM

I usually dont over limp one limper. But in the described situations I think there is a few hands that should be over limped with.

BTN.
raise:
22, A5s, A9o, K9s, KJo, QTs
limp:
A2s-A4s, K7s-K8s, KTo, QTo-QJo, J9s, JTo, T9s, 98s

CO.
raise:
55, A6s, ATo, KTs, KJo, QTs
limp:
22-44, A2s-A5s, K5s-K9s, KTo, QTo-QJo, Q9s, J9s, JTo, T9s, 98s, 87s
Old 05-07-2007, 03:21 AM

you open limp here oink?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you open limp here oink?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read OP like as if there is 1 limper and then its HERO to act OTB or in the CO. No I dont open limp
Old 05-07-2007, 03:29 AM

nah hero is first 1 when CO and Btn is the calling dude..so what range do you open in that situation from the CO...I wondered about myself why i open KTo oop when iam going to play 2 or 3 ways but just limp when i have pos on all of em...curious what you think
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nah hero is first 1 when CO and Btn is the calling dude..so what range do you open in that situation from the CO...I wondered about myself why i open KTo oop when iam going to play 2 or 3 ways but just limp when i have pos on all of em...curious what you think

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just raise all the hands I posted. Playing KTo OOP against 3 can suck, but if they call any2 Hero has a huge eq advantage. Oh, and how many BTNs out there will call any2? So raising is also to buy the BTN
Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 AM

I never over limp with unsuited cards. Maybe T8s, T9s, depending on the players aggression post flop maybe I'll throw in a couple of pairs such as 33-77.
I'll raise with a lot of hands that have show down value, prob aces as weak as A2s and A5o and K9o, QJo. And better hands of course.

I never met a player that cold calls as often as I raise. Does that mean that he cold calls 100%? Or 30% if that's the number of hands I'll raise with?

Playing against a blocker who almost always calls my bets will make me tighten up since his looseness not only makes stealing impossible but also will give the blinds excellent odds. Hard to say which hands that would be warrant a raise, but how the blinds play is important here too.
Maybe this would be a situation were open limping would be ok with some hands, that play well multi way.