Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Is it standard to dislike your girlfriend\'s friends?

ONe of the rare times I actually "laugh out loud" when reading a post!
Old 08-25-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This only applies to girls that you didn't meet through mutual friends. Your bank of friends is completely separate.

I've never met a guy who likes his girlfriend's friends. I don't hate them, but I don't have anything in common with them, and I don't exactly look forward to hanging out with them. They're nice enough people...

Anyway, from what I've noticed, this seems to always be the case in those types of situations. Anyone experience the opposite?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty standard, espcially in younger women/girls. You are an interloper into their already established relationship. You are an outsider there to take her from them and they don't like you. The dynamic goes both ways though.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This only applies to girls that you didn't meet through mutual friends. Your bank of friends is completely separate.

I've never met a guy who likes his girlfriend's friends. I don't hate them, but I don't have anything in common with them, and I don't exactly look forward to hanging out with them. They're nice enough people...

Anyway, from what I've noticed, this seems to always be the case in those types of situations. Anyone experience the opposite?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty standard, espcially in younger women/girls. You are an interloper into their already established relationship. You are an outsider there to take her from them and they don't like you. The dynamic goes both ways though.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is dead nuts on imo. It is certainly the case in my situation anyway.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might sound snotty to some, but any time they want to go eat/drink, it's either at a [censored] chain like TGI Fridays or Olive Garden, or at a bar that has $2 cans of PBR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus, if that's snotty, get me some Kleenex and Sudafed. That sounds horrible and would be reason enough for me not to hang out with these people.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think david dislikes my friends and i really like his...although one time i mentoined to them that i doubt we'd be hanging out if it wasn't for him, and one of htem got really offended and cried.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This might sound snotty to some, but any time they want to go eat/drink, it's either at a [censored] chain like TGI Fridays or Olive Garden, or at a bar that has $2 cans of PBR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesus, if that's snotty, get me some Kleenex and Sudafed. That sounds horrible and would be reason enough for me not to hang out with these people.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is ALL that they'll do, resign yourself to the fact that you're dating some white trash and begin introducing her to new people and friends.

Also - expect some REAL drama because no one does drama like groups of white trash women. You may end up on 'COPS'.

Is it the endless soup and breadsticks that really gets them?
Old 08-25-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is ALL that they'll do, resign yourself to the fact that you're dating some white trash and begin introducing her to new people and friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're easily the absolute worst poster on 2+2.

We hang out with them at most once a month, closer to once every two months. My girlfriend isn't white trash, which is why when we go out or when we hang out with my friends/mutual friends, we go to good restaurants/bars.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're easily the absolute worst poster on 2+2.

We hang out with them at most once a month, closer to once every two months. My girlfriend isn't white trash, which is why when we go out or when we hang out with my friends/mutual friends, we go to good restaurants/bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the qualifier in the post, you know, this part: "If this is ALL that they'll do".

RIF.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:29 PM

ummm, I happen to like Olive Garden. Pretty silly imo to act like they serve crappy food. Tastes fine to me.

I don't think it's abnormal to not like a gf's friends. Remember, you're now taking up time that she used to spend with her friends. Unless they REALLY like you, they're not going to warm up to you quickly.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 PM

Their food is pretty bad, dude. It all depends on context though. When I went to school in WV, we would go to Olive Garden because it was cheap and you got a lot of food (and there was nothing else around). But it's not exactly good. When you live five minutes from NYC, there's no excuse for going to Olive Garden.