Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Default USA can thank China....

For the dollar going down even more vs CND$ and Euro...overnight there was discussion about China possibly selling up to $500b of the estimated $1trillion in US holdings. CND$ spiked @ $1.10 vs US green back in overnight action if I where American I would be very very worried.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: USA can thank China....

[ QUOTE ]
For the dollar going down even more vs CND$ and Euro...overnight there was discussion about China possibly selling up to $500b of the estimated $1trillion in US holdings. CND$ spiked @ $1.10 vs US green back in overnight action if I where American I would be very very worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already had to switch from maple syrup to Karo. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Meh. Even cheaper vacations for us non-Americans.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Someone should tell China you're supposed to buy low and sell high.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 AM

If China goes through with this proposed sell off....gg US economy for many many years. They will replace with Euro which will only strengthen other markets.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If China goes through with this proposed sell off....gg US economy for many many years. They will replace with Euro which will only strengthen other markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could use a good, hard slap in the face and learn a lesson: Don't let anybody get a strangle-hold on us again. And all for a couple of bucks off on a TV.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We could use a good, hard slap in the face and learn a lesson: Don't let anybody get a strangle-hold on us again. And all for a couple of bucks off on a TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true...I bought the last US built Zenith model. I am Canadian and all though there are some positive effects of the $ being up here...on the world scale we need the US green back to be stronger.Oh and if you need a lumber mill you can buy em cheap here.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Time preference, ftw.

Also FWIW, OP doesn't link to anything and what he really says is "there was a discussion." So while this is probably an inevitable consequence eventually (unless maybe Ron Paul is elected), I'm not convinced anything substantial is actually going on right now. Link please?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Link please?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...mp;refer=japan

There we go.

It's really amazing that we do what we do. Get into trillions of dollars of debt as if there are no long-term consequences. Then what, try to convince China to wait a little longer... a little longer?

The real solution is so simple too. It almost blows my mind.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM

I run a hedge fund and do this for a living...I know this info for fact and are sharing this with you all. When I get this info it is norm in the overnight and therefore doesn't hit the wires till am hours. And you are right Law it is only discussion for now as a dump of $500b would rock all finacial markets and therefore has to be done through smaller sell offs so as not to disrupt worlds markets..the US markets are going to be hit very very hard by weeks end if this indeed goes through. And if G.W tries and devalue the dollar like the Swede's with the Kroner then by back to help stabalize then it will be years before any corrections.