Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Top set vs poss. wrap vs poss. FD, 1/2 PLO

I apologize for the lack of a converter and proper hand history, but Cake Poker doesn't allow hand histories.

This is full ring PLO, with 8-9 people at the table.

Hero: SB with $200
Villain 1: BB with $100
Villain 2: UTG with $150

Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Three or four limpers, Hero pots out of the SB to $11
Villain 1 BB calls, Villain 2 UTG calls, rest fold.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero pots for $52
Villain 1 calls
Villain shoves for $150
Hero: ???

Reads on the two villains and myself: Villain 1 is a LAGtard and is really really bad. He's been lucky a few times but just generally throws money into the pot with anything and prays. Villain 2 is solid but still a bit LAG, the kind of LAG that knows when to be aggressive against passive opponents. Villain 2 had just hit a bad beat for $300 or so of his stack and might be fuming. I had been playing tight but went through a few recent hands getting check-raised when betting off with AAxx to a blank board, so I might look like an idiot.

As I ran through the possibilities of what they could have had, I pretty much just wrote off Villain 1 as he could have anything, such as QTxx, J9xx, etc and I couldn't predict for him.

The nature of villain 2, however, gave me a pause as he seems like a good player who wouldn't shove with a sub-prime hand. I put him on something like a high wrap or at the very least the NFD, I just know he's got something definitively solid.

Results in white:
<font color="white"> I was way too pot committed to fold and shoved, so did villain 1. Villain 1 had 7889, no FD (lol) and villain 2 had JJxx no FD, and I scooped. </font>

If I weren't so pot committed, at what point do you fold this, being $52 in the pot with 3 way action? Do I fold Villain 2 had repotted?