Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 10-13-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: BRAG: I made a prop bet with durrr.

[ QUOTE ]
best like this are only "fair" if you have alot of stipulations on them. Like you have to lose 30 pounds and keep it off for a couple weeks or something.

If you are only trying to win the bet you can prolly just starve yourself for a couple of days and take alot of diuretics and lose 30 pounds immediatly.

On howard stern this year they have a 25k weight loss challenge. They were all over 250 pounds when they started.

The contest lasted 8 weeks.

Benji won and lost 64 pounds in 8 weeks!!!!

He starved and dehydrated himself for the last week and lost like 27 pounds the last WEEK.

He might have been alot fatter than you with alot more water weight and stuff, but if you are trying to win 30 pounds is easy.

If you are trying to lose 30 pounds of fat it will be hard.

This is some of the ways they won
* using rapid weight loss supplements, water pills, diuretics
* fasting / starving themselves
* vomiting
* extreme periods in saunas and steam rooms
* etc.

durr is screwed if your crooked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully for both of us I'm not crooked. I made this bet because I want to get healthy and feel/look better. Now if I'm within a few pounds at the weigh-in day I may or may not shave a few pounds however possible, but I won't be losing 10+ lbs in <5 days at the end to win. I will definitely honor the spirit of the bet (which is to make me skinnier and healthier) as much as possible.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully for both of us I'm not crooked. I made this bet because I want to get healthy and feel/look better. Now if I'm within a few pounds at the weigh-in day I may or may not shave a few pounds however possible, but I won't be losing 10+ lbs in <5 days at the end to win. I will definitely honor the spirit of the bet (which is to make me skinnier and healthier) as much as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then this is probably the crown jewel of durrrr prop bets. Too bad its like a gold medal in the special olympics.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:58 PM

"You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep."

obv it's bad for you. I dont think anyone is going to dispute that fact.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You also take years off your life with some of these techniques, and if you go a little too crazy you'll kill yourself. To think you can lose 30 lbs legit in 3 months is lol. To think that its fair if you can prepare for the weigh in, weigh out and its only scale weight is asinine as well. I could probably do this bet with a little bit of prep."

obv it's bad for you. I dont think anyone is going to dispute that fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean... I think he should know he could kill himself taking a buncha diuretics and then sitting in the sauna. But after that Daliman BAC thread in OOT, I feel like I need to give a warning after I type YSSCKY lest I get charged with manslaughter for some of the people here.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ship the money, he is the world's worst prop better.

The bet: I weigh 230 lbs. 3 months from 3 days ago (when the bet was placed), I have to weigh less than 200 lbs.

I think I am a huge favorite and basically knew I'd win when durrr took the bet.

Yayy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat u = fatty
Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 PM

30 lbs in 3 months is 2.5 lbs a week. It's certainly doable with a good diet and plenty of exercise. I went from 303 to 273 between June 6th and September 6th of this year. A far stretch from the 225 I was 4 years ago when I graduated from highschool, but I'm getting back slowly but surely.

My eating regiment is pretty straight forward. For breakfast I eat 2 Egg Beaters, 1 Egg, 2 Pieces Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread, 3 pieces Extra-Lean Turkey Bacon, 1 Banana, and 8 oz. Orange Juice. About 3 hours later I'll eat a Turkey Sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat Bread with lean, deli-cut turkey breast meat), as well as some fruit and a bottle of water. After my workout I eat a tuna sandwhich (Sara Lee Wholewheat bread, one can Sunkist Low-Sodium Tuna in Water), some more fruit (A few slices of cantaloupe, strawberries, a banana, whatever is around) and drink more water. My last meal of the day is generally skinless, boneless chicken breast, rice, more fruit, and some more water. I generally eat two snacks a day as well. I bought some low-calorie snacks from 24 Hr. Fitness that only have about 110-130 Caloires in them and they hold me over till the next meal.

My workout regiment is pretty tough. I do cardio 6 days a week, and I workout 3 days a week. My cardio Monday-Wednesday is about an hour and a half of full court basketball. When I weighed 303 I couldn't do this, so I started on the exercise bike, moved to the eliptical machine, and finally the basketbal court. Playing basketball burns a ton of calories and despite being overweight I'm still an exceptional athlete (I'm 6'0" and can grab the rim, and hit the 3 with consistancy. I also was recruited to play D-I Football coming out of HS). Thursday-Saturday I'm getting a bit worn down so I just do 40 minutes on the eliptical machine. It's still good for 600ish calories though.

I also workout with a personal trainer on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. We do about 20 minutes of "Core" exercises each day. On Tuesday we do upper body (Chest, Back, Shoulders, and Arms), Tuesday we do lower body (Legs and Glutes), and Saturday is a total body workout. By the time Saturday rolls around I'm pretty drained and can feel the soreness pretty heavily, especially in my legs, hips, and glutes.

Sunday I lay in my comfy-ass chair and watch football for 12 hours, and by the time Monday rolls around I'm fully rested and ready to get after it again.

This kinda turned into a brag-post, but whatever. It can be done, and you'll feel and look SO much better 30 lbs lighter.

EDIT: Also, take a performance multi-vitamin and make sure to get plenty of rest. They will make a HUGE difference!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:48 PM

depending on your height this could be very easy with proper motivation.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 PM

<3 Thremp. Even though I don't
Old 10-13-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<3 Thremp. Even though I don't

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I'm pretty indifferent. She gave bad advice. Then someone took a shot at her son and she fired back with more BS.

I kinda feel like Lou P. in the aquafina commercial. Even if I don't feel like being a douche troll, I have to keep the fans happy.