Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 AM

Default AQo deep OOP vs TAG, 4bet pot, flop plan

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $254
BB: $197
UTG: $73
<font color="black">benlj21 (MP): $667.85</font>
CO: $171
<font color="black">BTN: $440.70</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is a 2p2er most likely, definitely a multitabling TAG. We have been playing back at each other across a couple of tables, but not abnormally so. Mostly just the occasional 3-bet and usually a fold by the initial raiser. Anyone dislike the 4bet preflop?

Cbet this flop? What do we do on the following turns if called:
1. As
2. Jh
3. 5c
4. Qd</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> benlj21 is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">benlj21 raises to $8</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $27</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">benlj21 raises to $84</font>, BTN calls $57

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($171) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Action is on Hero, $256 behind.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: AQo deep OOP vs TAG, 4bet pot, flop plan

I'm not in love with the 4 bet, I'm wondering why you chose this spot. Also I think you have to cbet here. You're not checking AA are you? It's going to be very hard for him to go to the felt with KK or QQ, and I think $100 might get him to dump those.

If the cbet gets called I'm checking all those turns except maybe the 5c which I think you could shove. I'm checking the other 3 because they really don't change the value of our hand if we elect to bet. His preflop range here has got to be like 99+, AQs at the loosest, if he calls flop I think we can forget about 99 and TT and AQ/AK and sometimes QQ. The A only helps us against KK, which may not have been prepared to play for stacks anyways. The Q seems like a card we have to check too, because it should either scare us or give us the nuts. The J as well is mostly inconsequential since really the only hand that should have a J in either of our ranges is JJ.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:23 AM

I think youre done with the hand here, what does villain call a 4 bet with other than JJ+ and AK maaaaybe?

You are more than likely to get called here with a bet, or shoved on.

Dont like the 4 bet oop with AQ for this very reason.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:39 AM

wow this hand really is as bizarre as I thought.

So for cbet size, do we like 2/3 pot? 1/2 pot?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:39 AM

Oh yeah and I 4bet bc I thought I was significantly ahead of his 3betting range, but maybe that's not enough.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow this hand really is as bizarre as I thought.

So for cbet size, do we like 2/3 pot? 1/2 pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only hand I see folding, given the PF call, is AK. I don't think we have to bet a hooj amount for AK to fold. 100 would do it I think. Anything more is burnoff.
I'm not sure we can get QQ to fold on this flop, given his PF call.

If you don't think he's calling with AK, given stacks, and he's tricky enough to call with AA/KK PF, then I wouldn't bet. But mostly I think we have to bet because of the chance he's got AK, and the likelyhood he hasn't got KK/AA.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 AM

villain is Mano Nera, anyone have info on this guy? He was running 22/20/1.63 against me.

I feel a "sup bro" coming on.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah and I 4bet bc I thought I was significantly ahead of his 3betting range, but maybe that's not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it is because we're putting in 60 more OOP. He's in position, and will call us with much anything that's better. And fold all that's worse.
I can almost see more logic in "underplaying our hand by calling", and then doing something on the flop, given your read of his range, even though I hate calling OOP. Because in this spot we've put in more money and have to be behind.

We'll then be in a real bad spot on most flops, like this one. Most of all we'll be tempted right here to "bet his AK off the hand".

If his read on your light 4-bet is right I love him calling with AA here (and maybe even like it with KK).
Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM

bump
more input on flop plan and pf 4bet plz.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:44 AM

Sick spot!

As far as the 4bet PF, its very hard to do since you're deeper and he's more likely to call. Although I think you have more fold equity with your 4 bets, I would be more inclined to do this with hands like a suited connectors.

Flop plan I still probably c-bet, but only half pot. You have a good amount of fold equity, I think he fold AK obv and maybe QQ. KK will probably just call, giving you a chance to spike and Ace. So AA is worse case scenario really.