Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:11 AM

Default never have I ever...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $2,066.75
Hero (BB): $2,918.75
UTG: $385.00
UTG+1: $1,273.00
MP1: $360.95
MP2: $1,063.75
CO: $1,000.00 (unknown)
BTN: $2,156.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $32.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $22.00

Flop: ($69) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $55.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $110.00</font>, CO calls $55.00

Turn: ($289) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $149.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $736.00</font>
Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 AM

Default Re: never have I ever...

Fold PF?
Fold flop?

I put him on an ace or two clubs here. I don't hate the turn raise.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Just want to say something, don't listen to it by the way.
I think he has to give you credit for a set here or AQ seeing you being an unknown. Only hand he won't lay down are pocket aces and pocket queens, and a percentage of the time AQ, I guess he has to lay down everything else + you have outs. I love it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 AM

if villan is a good player(which is unknown but at this limit is quite possible) i like this play, it looks like he has AK and if i was villan with no reads id find this really hard to call with only 1 pair. Also you have outs as mentioned above and this has to do wonders to your table image for future hands if you do get caught.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM

As played it seems be working nice, he certainly looks rattled on the turn and I can't see you did anything to give yourself away.

Still, I wouldn't do this without data because plenty of chumps with TPTK call you down here (though probably not this chump).
Old 06-22-2007, 10:01 AM

Turn I think is a nice play, ballsy of course, but probably +EV. You have a good amount of outs vs. AK/AQ and there is a decent chance he would fold AK and will certainly fold anything less.

I'm a bit curious as to why you decided to min check raise on the flop with middle pair though.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 AM

I'm not crazy about the minraise on the flop (but I don't play at this level). I love the turn push. You have a bunch of outs and maybe some fold equity. Also, CO could have crap (stealing blinds). Seems +EV to me. nh.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not crazy about the minraise on the flop (but I don't play at this level). I love the turn push. You have a bunch of outs and maybe some fold equity. Also, CO could have crap (stealing blinds). Seems +EV to me. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on. a 5/10 guy graces our presence, and you fail to even read the hand.

i don't like it.

c/r flop c/r turn is always such a confusing line. i never know what to make of it, so it is 33/33/33 whether i call/shove/fold.

as is, at least you picked up some good outs are are only in bad shape to 2p and sets.

why the min flop raise though? were you going to rep a set and then decided you really liked the turn card?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on. a 5/10 guy graces our presence, and you fail to even read the hand.

i don't like it.

c/r flop c/r turn is always such a confusing line. i never know what to make of it, so it is 33/33/33 whether i call/shove/fold.

as is, at least you picked up some good outs are are only in bad shape to 2p and sets.

why the min flop raise though? were you going to rep a set and then decided you really liked the turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought some more about why the min raise and it seems clearer now. The preflop raise was from the CO so the Hero check raised figuring the CO could easily have missed the flop and be CBetting with air. Hero is repping an ace here I guess.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:16 PM

*grunch*

Hmmm, I don't like doing this without a read.

If villain is known and is weak or has a high AF I like this play. You're pretty solidly representing AQ. Even if called you have probably 9-12 outs. Looks good.

But unknowns I tend to assume are fishy and I play ABC until I can find some holes.