Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Steps on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't be allowed to buy-in directly to Step 5 or 6.
It defeats the whole concept of the STEPS system.

Just hold a seperate 1 man sit n go to the PCA if u want to let people buy-in directly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM

I agree with the last few comments, I've made my way to step 4 so far from step 1 and it will probably all be for not even if I do make it to Step 6..Normal/Average Players are really doubtful to win against all these online pros who are buying in directly to step 6.. I never really understood giving multiple seats to people, it's a satellite to an event, if people want to make money there's plenty of regular S&G's and tournaments to play.. Giving people W$ just prevents another player from winning a seat and having another representative of Stars at the event.

Moreover it's especially true for steps, since the whole point is to, um, go through the steps.. you know, like recovering alcoholics.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Any word on TURBO?

ToT
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't be allowed to buy-in directly to Step 5 or 6.
It defeats the whole concept of the STEPS system.

Just hold a seperate 1 man sit n go to the PCA if u want to let people buy-in directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, it makes me not even want to get started in them, knowing that the top will be filled with pros.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Yeah, another one (step 6) going on now - I recognize 5 of the same players as the ones who played the one referenced above, including 1 of the winners...

And a handful of the same names multitabling - playing level 5's and preregistered for another step 6.

Does anyone remember how Party did / does their steps? I suspect they didn't allow people to buy in directly to higher levels, given how long it took for the highest level to fill up. But I really don't know...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone remember how Party did / does their steps? I suspect they didn't allow people to buy in directly to higher levels, given how long it took for the highest level to fill up. But I really don't know...

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd be wrong
Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 PM

are you guys seriously complaining about ppl buying in at higher levels?

you're nuts

and who's to say where the cutoff is? why step 4? it doesn't make any sense. anyoen can buy-in anywhere.

thats how its always been w/ every single steps structure on the net.

also, restricting steps to ppl that only win 1 seat is very lol. what happens if someone racks up 8 tickets to step 6 and wins on his first try? what happens to the remaining 7 tickets that are nontransferrable and noncashable?

you can play whereever/whenever/however many times you want. thats the entire nature of it. the only restriction is that you can't cash out at any point.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM

nah, I disagree dmk. If he has 6 step6 tickets and he wins his first try his account should be credited with 5*$2100 W$ and not participate in the steps imo.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, I disagree dmk. If he has 6 step6 tickets and he wins his first try his account should be credited with 5*$2100 W$ and not participate in the steps imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way,t hats ridic

also, are you saying ppl shouldn't be able to play sats after their 1st win period? or just in steps?

either way, it doesn't make sense. i just want to see where you're coming from
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 PM

dmk I disagree as well.. First off pros aren't gonna start from low if there is a cutoff point.. the opportunity cost would probably be too high and they wouldn't bother trying to grind up the steps.

The point is, why would you let people buy-in at higher levels if they can just provide a high buy-in satellite that has nothing to do with the steps? Why provide a viable way for low limit grinders to qualify if you're gonna let people direct buy-in? I don't think that's fair since they can easily provide both options.