Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: AA , where did i go wrong ?

[ QUOTE ]
raise more pf? - whatever hand i have prelop i always raise to the same ammount . I have found this this the best method as it gives away 0 information about my starting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 advocates that your standard raise should be a potsized one or something like 4bb+1bb per limper. There's 3 limper in front of u. This way is more likely that u get heads up post flop (and that what u want with AA), and when u have nothing, its more likely to take the pot with a cbet heads up than multiway.

[ QUOTE ]
raise more flop ? - only better hands will call and even alot of the fish on party can get away from hands from 66 - TT on this flop facing a huge raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Donks never folds overpairs.
Worse hands will call u.

[ QUOTE ]
Post on bbv - i dont really see this as a bad beat as all the money went in when he had me beat

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesnt have to a be a bad beat to post there. Just post "omg why cant I win?" and post hands like these.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:27 PM

The only thing I can see is maybe raising the flop more. Looks like you missed almost $1 of value on the river...what were you thinking?!?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Posted this w/o looking at the responses, but my opinion doesn't change after seeing the results.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:27 PM

ok all valid points. With my style i win alot but when my big cards get cracked QQ - AA i get stacked. i suppose i just have to accept the rough with the smooth. i will probaly also look into getting a bet pot script for party i heard theres one somewhere. Cheers
Old 09-25-2006, 02:13 PM

Script? Why would you need that? Just type the number.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:22 PM

You need to raise more PF. I would have made it 3.5-4 to go. Yes, raising a set amount more often will reveal little to no information about your hand, but in situations like this, will price alot of suited connectors and trash like that in for a call. Before you raised, there was 1.75 in the pot, and you made it only 2.22 more. This makes it so that any person who calls your raise preflop is getting over 2:1 odds on their money, this usually makes alot of hands call you. Look at what happened PF. You made it 2.22 to go, and got a call out of the MP which made the pot about $6.19, the CO was getting over 3:1 on his money; more often than not I make that call preflop in hopes on hitting a flop just like that.

No so sure if that, or any of this post is right, but I will continue anyways.

I would have made it 12 to go on the flop, not sure what I would have done on the turn (probably checked in hopes of enducing a bluff on the river; which I would just call), and checking the river- there are not that many hands which you beat that will be calling you at the end, most of those hands will lead out on the river and I would just call there.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok thats good to here . villain flipped over 56o grrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]
BBV next time