Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM

Default iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #8: 4-tabling special - NL100

This one is not a tutorial as such. I didn't even record any sound. It's just me 4-tabling UB NL100 for an hour. Also the video was done on my parent's computer (low monitor resolution) so there is a bit of overlap. I've been running sick good in the past 2 days (20PTBB/100 over 4K hands... see BBV for graph) and this is an hour from yesterday's session. It's pretty ABC poker and you'll see that i'm kinda less aggressive preflop (not by much) just because i want to avoid difficult decisions. Finally I had PAHUD running the whole time but it doesn't show up on the video for some reason, so if you see a strange play it might be due to adapt to the abnormal stats of an opponent.

DISCLAIMER: Because I'm 4-tablin and doing other things at the same time, my play here is far from perfect, but that's the price u pay to increase the number of hands played x4.

NEW VIDEO #8 HERE. (or direct link here )

Previous vids can be found here:
#1, #2, #3 , #4 , #5 , #6, #7
Old 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM

Default Re: iSTRONG\'s Video Tutorial #8: 4-tabling special - NL100

WOW THIS IS GOLD
Old 10-20-2006, 10:18 AM

What stakes do you usually play?

dardo.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM

dardo,

I played as high as NL400 before i went busto... Actually that's a lie, I played NL5000 for 20 minutes as well lol.
Now rebuilding my roll at NL100.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:13 PM

I was asking because, maybe, this material is more suited for the micro.s players. Anyway, thanks for the time employed.

dardo.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was asking because, maybe, this material is more suited for the micro.s players. Anyway, thanks for the time employed.

dardo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've always said that these videos are geared towards beginners. I don't claim to have more expertise than the average clown on SSNL. I'm happy for it to be moved to micros (could a mod do this please?); I only posted here because it was NL100.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 PM

I think it makes sense to leave it here because it is a NL$100 session. If you want to start a thread in uNL linking this one, that would be fine.

Plenty of NL$100 players haven't mastered the basics and I'm sure some will benefit from watching this.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 PM

props I-Strong I like this vid series and will get around to watching#8 soon. I'm a new $100NL player that can always use some help brushing up on basics - and I definitely need to work on my multitabling skills as right now I'm playing 1-table.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:12 PM

These videos are definitley good for this forum. I find it extremely helpful to watch someone playing solid/abc poker, when I'm going through a drought or I make some questionable plays. It sort of does the same effect as looking at posted hands... Always trying to figure out what the "correct" option is, but in the videos you actually get to see it employed.

IMO, you and goofyballer have made some of the most influential videos while I was moving from 50NL to 100NL.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These videos are definitley good for this forum. I find it extremely helpful to watch someone playing solid/abc poker, when I'm going through a drought or I make some questionable plays. It sort of does the same effect as looking at posted hands... Always trying to figure out what the "correct" option is, but in the videos you actually get to see it employed.

IMO, you and goofyballer have made some of the most influential videos while I was moving from 50NL to 100NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

also, it's nice to watch a video for continuity, in posts you can read about reads, but in a video you can see the table dynamics develop right in front of you