Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: PSA: Walking out of Costco/Sam\'s

[ QUOTE ]
This is kind of off the subject, but I found it kind of funny. I live in a prodominantly white suburb of Detroit, and we were shopping at a CostCo. Many white families were shopping for the holidays, baskets full of crap, breakfast cereals, food, etc. Carts were overstuffed, bottom rack full of bottled water. While waiting in the checkout line, I saw two black guys who were checking out and looked into their cart to see two huge bottles of Absolut Vodka, two huge bottles of cranberry juice, and two bottles of orange juice and nothing else. Definitely some cultural differences reflected in their shopping choices.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a tight battle, against many worthy contenders, but this wins worst post ever. Congratulations on your success.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is kind of off the subject, but I found it kind of funny. I live in a prodominantly white suburb of Detroit, and we were shopping at a CostCo. Many white families were shopping for the holidays, baskets full of crap, breakfast cereals, food, etc. Carts were overstuffed, bottom rack full of bottled water. While waiting in the checkout line, I saw two black guys who were checking out and looked into their cart to see two huge bottles of Absolut Vodka, two huge bottles of cranberry juice, and two bottles of orange juice and nothing else. Definitely some cultural differences reflected in their shopping choices.

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome man! The best part is that they were "black guys"! BLACK GUYS ARE SO FUNNY AND DIFFERENT THAN US!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf man, "kind of" off subject?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, that reminds me, if you are black and you try any of this not stopping for the receipt checker crap you will probably be shot repeatedly with hollow points.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-J

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome man! The best part is that they were "black guys"! BLACK GUYS ARE SO FUNNY AND DIFFERENT THAN US!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He says they were "black guys", but also that they were "checking out". I call BS.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He says they were "black guys", but also that they were "checking out". I call BS.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first thought as well. Also, where the hell was the chicken and the watermelon? Costco sells those too.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first thought as well. Also, where the hell was the chicken and the watermelon? Costco sells those too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, no mentholated cigarettes?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, no mentholated cigarettes?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT!! COSTCO DOES NOT TAKE FOOD STAMPS!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM

This thread just reminded me of that because I wondered what the black dudes would think about the check/out ordeal. Many of the uptight white people in the store were looking at the black guys uncomfortably. You were talking about checking the receipts and I thought about this. You have to understand I live in an uptight white neighborhood and these guys were the only black people in the place. I thought when they got to that checkout part with the receipt if they might think they were being checked over because they are black.

But despite all this it was funny to me because the white people had all this crap in their baskets like soda and chips cookies etc. and the like and two black dudes were buying vodka, cranberry, and orange. Now that's what I call a x-mas party!

I guess you had to be there. At least it was simple for the check out girl.

-J
Old 12-15-2006, 01:38 PM

I don't do a lot of shopping (my wife does more than her fair share so I consider it even) but about 10 years ago I had purchased a wallet that had a paper thin security strip deep in one of the pockets. This was probably about the time that these things became more widespread. It did not set off the alarm that day at that particular store and it was probably a couple weeks before I tripped the alarm leaving another store. At the time I usually would simply wave at the cashier I had just paid while continuing on out the door. If they said anything I would just say thanks and keep walking. Probably for the next few months I would randomly set off alarms about every other week. Seemingly 1/3 of the places that had the monitors actually alarmed. After the second or third time I just kept walking and paid no attention to the employees. Finally, when I set off an alarm walking IN a drugstore they asked If I would like for them to find the sensor.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread just reminded me of that because I wondered what the black dudes would think about the check/out ordeal. Many of the uptight white people in the store were looking at the black guys uncomfortably. You were talking about checking the receipts and I thought about this. You have to understand I live in an uptight white neighborhood and these guys were the only black people in the place. I thought when they got to that checkout part with the receipt if they might think they were being checked over because they are black.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are likely thinking "Lookie hee-yuh! I'ze aints waitin' fo no white boy to check whats I gots. I'ze gots to get to da penitentiary to see Poppy befo' they'ze closed." Or something to that effect.