Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: The Rest of Asia

Hong Kong/Taiwan are both worthy of a trip. You should definitely go to Hong Kong just for the food. South Korea I've heard is a really cool place to go to. I don't know about visiting both Malaysia and Indonesia, maybe a one day trip to Jakarta but other places in indonesia might be a lil bit too chaotic. Honestly, Thailand is the best vacation place out of all these places mentioned. It'll be quite hard to top it off.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:30 PM

I would personally not visit Taiwan. Hong Kong definitely would be fun, but Taiwan is really nothing special if you hit China and Japan and etc. I've been to Taiwan many times to visit, and at your age other countries will be way more interesting.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:35 PM

South Korea for real its awesome.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Laos, as I'm sure you are well aware, is [censored] awesome. Lots of outdoorsy stuff and tubing in vang vieng. I've heard good things about India. Someone I met travelled through china via train and made their way into thailand by land it sounded like an awesome trip. I've read good things about malaysia and when we had a 1 day layover in KL, while the city was not much other than a city, I certainly would go back and see the rest of the country. I've heard good things abotu Bali, Indonesia, pretty much anywhere. I didn't like vietnam as much as say thailand or laos - the beaches weren't as nice and the people werent either. The nightlife wasn't as good since there weren't as many tourists.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 AM

I just got back about 3 weeks ago from Vietnam. We were visiting my fiance's family. This may not be an issue for you but we had 3 Vietnamese nationals with us when entering / exiting the country, they live and work in the U.S. Anyways they forgot to stamp the passport of one of them and upon leaving the customs officers said they werent going to let him leave unless he paid $100. So watch out for that and make sure everything is stamped / verified before leaving the customs officer upon entering.

In Vietnam, I am not sure what types of things you want to do. We took a tour of Independence Palace in downtown Saigon. We actually spent most of our time about an hour south of Can Tho. It's a very rural area and the people are very friendly.

It's very strange to have to cross a river on a ferry. It takes about 3 hours to get from the back of the line to across the river into Can Tho.

In Saigon one of the other attractions we went to was Dam Sen Park. It's an amusement park and is kind of strange in the middle of the city it's this huge place that stands out for how quiet it is inside there. You forget just how loud the city is until you notice how quiet the park is. They also have a huge ferris wheel that is cool either at night or day. It only costs about a dollar, 15,000 dong.

If you go to the park be sure to eat at their restaurant, it is very good and has a boat with a dancefloor, unfortunately when we were there there was a wedding so we couldn't go on the boat but whatever.

Taking a boat up and down parts of the Mekong river is fun as there are many amazing sights along the way. I'm not sure there's anything finer than chewing fresh picked sugar cane and cruising down the river to some unknown destination.

If you have any specific questions either pm me or ask in thread.

Edited to remove nonworking pictures
Old 02-11-2007, 03:00 AM

Everyone says Korea (south obviously) is the best place to party and just generally awesome, also beautiful girls.

China is great really you can see an amazing ammount of history etc, partying is fun as well. I think you should consider it if you want to balance partying with site seeing.

Hong Kong is boring as sin, I don't know why anyone would recommend it, wow hanging out with lots of other foreigners in a big metropolitan city, fun fun.....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 AM

Imitation,

I said go to hong kong for the food only. It seriously is the heaven of food on Earth. (Well, HK & Paris I guess)

I had to put Taiwan because that's my hometown.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 AM

Hanster I think Guangdong / HK cuisine might be the worlds most overated.