Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 AM

Default nl400 LIVE jto otb multiway big flop decision

preflop a tight and pretty straightforward player raises to 14
i call otb with jto after a few callers in front of me.
We go to the flop 5 handed with 76 in the pot

flop: 896 rainbow
original raiser bets 60 there is 1 call and i call too,
then sb shoves for 360 total, original raiser hesitates a bit and then shoves as well for 440 total

i put the original raiser on an overpair (most probably aa or kk) but i cant be so sure about the small blinds range since he was the biggest fish at the table so i guess his range does include some two pair combinations and not only sets.
so now i have to call 300 for the mainpot and 80 for the sidepot for the main pot im getting about 3to1 and in the sidepot im not getting proper odds but in comparison to the big main pot its not too much im losing.

am i getting the correct odds to make this a +ev call or should i avoid such a huge gamble?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: nl400 LIVE jto otb multiway big flop decision

i instafold
Old 11-04-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: nl400 LIVE jto otb multiway big flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
preflop a tight and pretty straightforward player raises to 14
i call otb with jto after a few callers in front of me.
We go to the flop 5 handed with 76 in the pot

flop: 896 rainbow
original raiser bets 60 there is 1 call and i call too,
then sb shoves for 360 total, original raiser hesitates a bit and then shoves as well for 440 total

i put the original raiser on an overpair (most probably aa or kk) but i cant be so sure about the small blinds range since he was the biggest fish at the table so i guess his range does include some two pair combinations and not only sets.
so now i have to call 300 for the mainpot and 80 for the sidepot for the main pot im getting about 3to1 and in the sidepot im not getting proper odds but in comparison to the big main pot its not too much im losing.

am i getting the correct odds to make this a +ev call or should i avoid such a huge gamble?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a backdoor flush draw, then this is a call. I'm fairly sure this is a fold though with just the dry straight. It's closer than the dude above me gives it credit for being, but those 1,2,3 extra outs make all the difference in your equity.

One hand that I played that was very similar was where two people held KT for the nut straight on an Ad Qs Jd board, and i knew exactly that they both had flopped the nuts. Anyway they were both all-in in front of me, and I called with Qd4d with 39% equity in the pot.

61% of the time they chop, and 39% of the time I scoop the entire pot. Ended up being +ev by like $90.