Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Default im scared, was this a ubernit fold?

No stats, but villain was a tag player...

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $6.80
CO: $10.35
BTN: $9.75
Hero (SB): $10.55
BB: $8.25
UTG: $13.55

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.90</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($2) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $1</font>, Hero folds

Results: $2 Pot ($0.10 Rake)
MP mucked and WON $1.90 (+$1 NET)

the longer i think about it the more i think that was a ubernitty fold... But it so obvious that i can be beat so bad on oncomming streets and it is hard for me to improve..

What do you think about my line? Maybe considering folding preflop??
Old 11-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: im scared, was this a ubernit fold?

i'd probably just fold preflop instead of playing a drawing hand OOP vs a guy with 70 bbs. iso'ing pre from the SB isn't spectacular either but certainly not a big leak.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:55 PM

I'd lead the flop for $1.50ish to shake him off something like AhKx or QQ, but I think if you do that you'd have to be prepared to bet any undercard non-heart turn for two thirds to three quarters of the pot.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead the flop for $1.50ish to shake him off something like AhKx or QQ, but I think if you do that you'd have to be prepared to bet any undercard non-heart turn for two thirds to three quarters of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one of those hands will get shaken by a flop lead.

I c/c and see what he does on the turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM

Usually I would say you need to either lead out or check-raise here to find out where you are at, and I prefer check-raising to around $2.50/$3 here, and fold to any more aggression. but the fact that he limp-min-raises pre-flop seems odd to me. I know a lot of players play AA this way, put I've also seen people play any small pocket pair this way, so it comes down to any reads you have on this particular villan.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 PM

You raised preflop, called a min-limp-reraise, and now have hit TPTK. If you're going to fold this flop, fold preflop (which I think is the best line with our easily dominated hand).

If you're not going to fold preflop, given that the stack-to-pot ratio is only 3, you really have to consider playing for stacks here. I'm torn between c/r'ing all-in or calling + pushing a safe (non-heart, non-K,Q) turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No stats, but villain was a tag player...

[/ QUOTE ]

No decent TAG limp-minraises ever. This guy is either a donkey or it was a misclick. Call his min-raise pre-flop. I b/f the flop.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM

I usually just complete a hand like AJs at these stakes you have horrid position on a pot that could likely be mutiway (people hate folding in these games especially limpers who will have position on you postflop) with little fold equity on the flop if anyone gets any piece of it. I hate building a pot out of position with a hand like this especially since it so much harder to get paid off on a draw out of position.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM

Do you seriously believe the MP limp-minraise from a shorty?

UTG I'll maybe give him credit, but this minreraise is usually just a frustrated guy letting you know he doesn't like it when you raise his limps. Flop is not perfect, since he may win by accident and has a 50% chance of having nearly 50% equity with any hand, and some percentage (I'd make it 25%) chance of already being way ahead. I'd wait until turn to see a non-heart before getting feisty. If a heart falls and he checks behind I jam river as a bluff. If a heart doesn't fall and he pots or pushes I fold. If he weakbets again I call. If he minbets I push.