Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Did I angle shoot?

[ QUOTE ]
BB realized his mistake nobody at the table had a problem with it but it felt dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

If this made you feel dirty then you must lead a really straight life.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM

The right answer is that this is not an angle shot... in fact his move could be considered an angle shot if he thought that he could scare you off of your all-in move by looking overeager... and if you had him beat, his angle shot worked.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:59 PM

The angle shoot was the player acting out of turn.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:25 PM

What I'd like to know is why the [censored] you think 22 is worthy of a $15 raise.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:31 PM

Whenever I play live and act out of turn giving away the true strength of my hand I hate myself a little more each time.

If my screw up causes someone to play correctly then I don't blame them for me being a retard.

(luckily I've only played 2/4 and 3/6 limit live and nothing you do or say causes anyone to play remotely correctly)
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM

He acted out of turn. If you really didn't move your chips forward, I see no problem.

Also, if you had no ill intent, you should feel fine about yourself. That's important too.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 PM

im gonna say yes, because you faked like you were going in then fold to get a reaction from the guy, but who cares
Old 04-03-2006, 09:25 PM

I was sitting to the left of a 2003 WSOP main event final table player in a Bellagio tourney one day and was intending to raise pre-flop (yeah, I'd looked at my cards before it was my turn to act--silly me). He gathered up his chips for a limp and was moving 'em forward; I grabbed for a stack JUST before he let go. His reaction was almost comical--he practically fell out of his chair trying to keep his chips from going on in. He failed...he couldn't counteract the momentum and his chips hit the felt as he lets out a "DOH--WOOPSdamn--I saw you grabbing chips but couldn't stop myself in time". Almost cost myself one BB there, but I woulda blamed myself for acting 0.2 seconds too quickly, not the other player for seeing it (though I'd argue he was committed by his forward motion, I ain't gonna feel bad if I don't win that argument since it was totally within my control to avoid it).

On the converse, I once was on my way to all-in over the top of a weak bettor after the flop in a tourney and had gathered my chips in a stack when suddenly "klink" the original better to my left is already throwing all his chips in. "uhhhhh... never mind, I fold". He showed the nuts on that one so it was no angle shot on his part to act out of turn and get me out--he really just got too excited and prematurely ejaculated his chips.

Ain't an angle shot to use all the information at your disposal when you aren't intending to elicit a reaction but get one anyway.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Others have said it but I'll say it again..if you intended to mislead him by "fake betting" you shot an angle..if you were just sitting there thinking about betting and he acted out of turn..then you did no wrong.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The right answer is that this is not an angle shot... in fact his move could be considered an angle shot if he thought that he could scare you off of your all-in move by looking overeager... and if you had him beat, his angle shot worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, after he showed, my first thought was that he actually angle shot me. But, no, he was just that bad. I took his stack a few hands later when he called my push with some other nonsense and I had the hand.