Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: How\'s this turn push into an empty pot?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just push the flop? (aren't you allowed to do that after the raise all in by the shortstack)

[/ QUOTE ]

because hero has zero fold equity from BB, i think you should check turn and try to get value on the river

[/ QUOTE ]
I may be off guard here but it would seem easier to maximize our own equity by pushing the flop, we have a gutshot straightflush draw with TP to go with it. If we are up against a better flush draw we do not get value from it if the flush does not hit the river (not to mention if it hits). If he has a hand like AK, KQ or T9 we are in a coinflip right now but with worse odds if a brick hits.

Maybe I have assumed something wrong here ?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:59 PM

Yea, the more I think about it the more I like a flop push there is no hand he can call with that has us in bad shape. We are either ahead and he has 7 outs or we are behind and have at least 11 outs.

Also the more I think about it the more I dislike the turn push. I know OP says SB is a donk, but it's not like we're ahead of him 100% of the time. So pushing here moves him off all non monsters and we still may lose the pot when SB flips up KQ, KT, K9, T9, QJ or T9. We should be pushing flop, or checking behind turn and going for a vbet on the river.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM

shove the flop :s
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Uhh... HH reading FTW. Why in the world so people think the action has been reopened to hero on the flop? Pushing the flop is impossible.

Turn push seems ok to me, though taking the free card isn't bad either.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM

The best play here is probarly to call the first bet and then shove over the fish and BB. Or maybe raise smaller so the betting is reopened by the fish. Then shove over.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh... HH reading FTW. Why in the world so people think the action has been reopened to hero on the flop? Pushing the flop is impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the clarification, that was what I suspected (see my first post). Some poker rooms, that I play, incorrectly allows the betting to be reopened even after an underbet. (The correct rule is that it can only be opened by a player that has not yet acted if I remember correctly)
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 PM

If there is a good chance the BB is lousy enough to call the push with 87 or an Ace high flush draw (he isn't proper odds), then I like the push.

If he is a solid player, check the turn. We are behind anything else he would consider calling a decent bet with.