Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Which one - PokerTracker & PAHUD or MikeChops HUD ?

Hi all

I'm about to start playing Stars 4/180's almost exclusively in about 3 weeks. I intend to play a few hundred of these and grind my way up to a respectable bankroll for low-stakes MTT's.

I was planning on buying both Poker Tarcker and PAHUD but have seen MikeChops Realtime software which looks to do the same job.

Basically, I would like to be able to gather information from all 20 table in these 180's not just the one I am paying at. This way I have data on players when they arrive at my table. Is this possible with either piece of software?

If not, what will PT/PAHUD offer me that Realtime won't?

Will they store info on players from my previous tourney's to use in one I'm currently involved in?

Big thanks in advance for any replies guys. Cheers.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Which one - PokerTracker & PAHUD or MikeChops HUD ?

What the hell is MikeChops Realtime software???

Obv PT and PAHUD - its like not even a question
Old 10-20-2007, 04:03 PM

PT with Realtime HUD +1

Realtime doesnt replace PT - it is a replacement for PAHUD. Realtime has 3-bet stats as well. Realtime doesnt lag my machine. I can datamine to Realtime HUD and import my played hands in PT. Saves my current PT DB from gettin extra large.

* I have never used PA HUD, so I am a bit Biased. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 PM

PA/PT will store player info from previous tournys, tell you whos playing tight/aggressive or loose passive at a clance, and also looks really cool as an overlay to your table. No idea what Mikes thing is, but pony up the money that everyone else has for the real thing, its well worth it.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Datamining is against the rules at Stars, so you can forget about gathering information from all 20 tables.

It's interesting that people who have never tried MikeChops HUD are so quick to dismiss it. Many who have used it prefer it over PAHUD. I'd suggest trying both and seeing which you prefer.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM

So can you datamine all 20 tables in a 4/180 using Realtime?

Also, I need PT and use it with Realtime - I then just import all hands I play from PT into Realtime and then I have one large combined database? Is this right?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's interesting that people who have never tried MikeChops HUD are so quick to dismiss it. Many who have used it prefer it over PAHUD. I'd suggest trying both and seeing which you prefer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realtime HUD is quite easily the best HUD right now. Just 2 or 3 of the additional stats it offers makes it such an easy decision plus it's free.

rvg
Old 10-20-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Datamining is against the rules at Stars, so you can forget about gathering information from all 20 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

So when a new player sits down at your table will I have to just wait til he's played plenty of hands to see his data build - or will the data from previous tourneys be shown (assuming I've played with him before)?

Is this the case for all other players who have data on me if they've played with me before?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So when a new player sits down at your table will I have to just wait til he's played plenty of hands to see his data build - or will the data from previous tourneys be shown (assuming I've played with him before)?

Is this the case for all other players who have data on me if they've played with me before?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can see stats from previous tourneys. Your opponents can too (obv).
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 PM

I understand. Thanks.

Realtime states that it creates it's own database of hands collected. If this is the case, why do I need Pokertracker? What extra stuff does this offer?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I just like to do my research thoroughly before any purchase! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]