Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: river donk

[ QUOTE ]
I can't figure out any hands for player B. What would he play that way (limp, check/call, check/call, donk)?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

That sure was an ugly river card which means you don't beat anything anymore but KQo. But if you say he'll raise that PF, I won't argue.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Posting blind.

This looks like a fold to me Jba given your reads.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't figure out any hands for player B. What would he play that way (limp, check/call, check/call, donk)?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody's mentioned a bluff yet. In enumerating all the hands we beat, whaddya think of the odds he was drawing at a straight and decided to bluff when the flush card fell?

And what does everyone think of raising now?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

I'm a POW(payoff wizard) as opposed to Movie Fan who says he is a payout donkey. In the heat of the moment i probably make an angry call expecting to be shown a better hand then my aces.

1 thing nobody mentioned here could he have a hand such as Qx of clubs? All though you say he is a reasonably tight player, would have raised with AQ or KQ, he can't have QJ if they are both clubs, so i guess the only clubbed QX he can have would be Q10.

Overall though, One other possibility, you stated that Villian b thinks you are "a bit nutty " I think the mostly like outcome is one of the 2 scenarios, you were behind from the flop on (he flopped a set of 6s maybe or 2 pair with Q10 and is afraid you won't bet the river and he is valuebetting that) or He made his hand, be it a straight, a flush or top 2, doesn't give you credit for better and thinks you will check behind so is valuebetting.

End of rambling... I prob payoff in heat of moment but on your reads it looks like a value bet he doesn't want checked around on the river