Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Stars: I hate your new software

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed stars about this thread....no response yet...maybe scotty will chime in and share

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the new software is [censored] awful for multitabling, but US banking issues are probably their #1 priority right now...
Old 01-22-2007, 03:19 AM

Im hating having to click the little dot also, but I dont have any probs with windows popping up all over the place - do you all use the 'remember window positiong' option?

Another thing that pisses me off with the stars software is every time you open a new table the main lobby window is automatically minimised and you have to click on the taskbar or alt-tab it back up, even if its up on your other monitor. Please fix this or make it an option...argh.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:35 AM

When the "no all-in protection" thing pops up, just press enter.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 AM

Location: 6max PLO @ Tilt, 6max NLHE @ Party (non monster!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
Im hating having to click the little dot also, but I dont have any probs with windows popping up all over the place - do you all use the 'remember window positiong' option?

Another thing that pisses me off with the stars software is every time you open a new table the main lobby window is automatically minimised and you have to click on the taskbar or alt-tab it back up, even if its up on your other monitor. Please fix this or make it an option...argh.

[/ QUOTE ]
1st paragraph: I have the remember clicked and still it pops up in the middle.

2nd paragraph: There's prob an AHK script for that in the software section.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah. i've multi'd the SNG's on Stars before and all the random crap is REALLY annoying.

The pop-up that the tourney is going to start and how it steals the focus is another one that it would be nice to HAVE THE OPTION to do away with.

I love Stars and their software. But some of the little things that annoy me are easily fixable.
Also included is the bit of the lobby minizing every time I open a new table.

In fact, if I'm trying to open a table in the lobby, but then it switches at the last instant because I have them lined-up by pot-avg, and I accidentally click on a table where I'm already seated, then it STILL minimizes the lobby.

And I'm stuck trying to find the table I thought I had opened. Can't find it, re-open the lobby, see that the highlighted line is now different and that I actually never opened a table...just clicked on one where I was already seated.

Some of this stuff should be easily fixable.
I've grown used to it. But it does make multi-tabling there a bit cumbersome.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT QFT QFT
Old 01-22-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To bring the max to a NL table you have to click EXACTLY on that stupid little dot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is annoying.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Hello ME [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img],

Thanks for bringing this thread to our attention. First of all, let me assure you that all software changes are tested beforebeing released to the main PokerStars client. We have a special site,TestPokerStars.com, where all new features are tested publicly. For example,the new draw games were tested there for months before being released toPokerStars.COM. We also do our own in-house testing of course.

However, no matter what we do, we can't possibly test PokerStars on everypossible computer and monitor configuration. Occasionally, annoyances likethe pop-ups appearing on different monitors, mentioned in the thread, willcreep in. I'm going to bring this thread and your email to the attention ofour software team so these 'accidental features' can be resolved in a future update.

One further thing I see mentioned in the thread is that the lobby minimiseswhen you open a table. This is an intentional feature which reduces the loadon our server significantly. I've been told in no uncertain terms bymanagement that this is not going to change. No matter how inconvenient itis for the lobby to minimise, it's nowhere near as inconvenient as a serverslowdown or crash!

Please feel free to share any or all of this email on the forums.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. We sincerelyappreciate you playing at PokerStars and hope that these issues do notaffect your enjoyment of the game too much. If we can help you with anythingelse, please let us know.

Regards, Alex SPokerStars Support Team
Old 01-25-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have 3 monitors, when I join a table, the table pops up on my middle monitor, the "warning of no all in protection" is on the far right monitor.

To bring the max to a NL table you have to click EXACTLY on that stupid little dot.

Yesterday I couldn't see the prize info box (that's fixed thank god)

PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE stop turning into the new party. PLEASE beta test this stuff before you release it onto us. You're the biggest now for a reason, please don't forget what got you there.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars, thank you for fixing this.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this too and it annoys me to no end.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i used to be able to just click up-arrow then press enter. now its broken
Old 01-25-2007, 02:13 PM