Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Issues I\'m having with MacBook Pro using Boot Camp/ VMware

I have been having various issues since getting a MacBook Pro. I am posting this because there is a chance that someone may know of a solution, but also so others can be aware of potential problems when buying a MacBook.

I have setup a Vista partition using Boot Camp and access it in OS X through VMware Fusion.

1. Hand histories for Full Tilt Poker are saved when I run Vista under VMware but do not save when using Vista under Boot Camp. I have no idea what causes this issue. I have contacted Full Tilt Poker and they haven't helped. The big problem with this is that I want to play poker under BootCamp and this is severely hindered by the fact that hand histories are not saved which cripples programs like PokerTracker and PokerAce.

2. FullTilt Shortcuts is registered under VMware but shows up as an unregistered copy when using BootCamp. Again, no idea what causes this.

3. I cannot use dual monitors in Vista BootCamp. The second monitor flickers and does not display properly. Again, this is a big disappointment, considering that one of the reasons for buying the MacBook Pro was that it supports a 2560X1600 external monitor. Incidentally, the external monitor works under OS X. The BootCamp is apparently a known issue that others have experienced.

These are all really big issues, so I would caution anyone planning on buying a MacBook to play poker.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Issues I\'m having with MacBook Pro using Boot Camp/ VMware

dont you need different versions of FTP for OSX and Vista? Have you made sure your save hand histories is check in Vista?

Also, with the monitors, this may be a problem with resource sharing between the OS's. Have you tried running Vista only under boot camp? VMware is a virtualization program right? So you runnig both OS's at once?

I really don't know what I am talking about here, but just some thoughts.