Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: My plan - please help me fill in the blanks

[ QUOTE ]
Tell your trainer to give you your money back

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

edit: but yeah seriously, stick with the standard compound lifts. you'd be a lot better off doing a 5x5 routine.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 PM

suzzer, take a step back and actually look at what you did...it makes no sense...you are doing a relatively high volume little rest program that is based around isolation movement and focusing on two very unrelated body parts...chest and biceps don't function together at all, its a random pairing...its also the random pairing that every idiot in the gym uses cuz they want to look good on the beach and have big guns, but they are all actually uneducated skinny/fat dudes...

i can only go by what you look like in the picture, but you aren't a bodybuilder, you don't need a bodybuilder or a high volume program...you need a simple program to learn the lifts and get a solid foundation of muscle/strength built up while you lose some fat...look to the faq for some routines...
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 PM

I mostly agree with you, but just because he doesnt already have a bodybuilder physique doesn't mean he cant benefit from a high volume or bodybuilding program. I do agree that his current routine needs some adjustment.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:19 PM

Well we'll give it a month and see where it goes. For right now working out hard 3 times/week >>>>>>>> what I was doing before. Man you guys are great at sapping motivation. Try to remember when you were first getting geeked-out about all this stuff. Be gentle.

He wanted to do legs today but I told him Sat. is the best day for that as I have an extra day to recover before the next boot camp. Keep in mind guys this was the first day and he was doing some stuff just to see where I was at. He said he wanted to start off with lowish weight to see how my balance and stabilizer muscles were. Also I have an old rotator cuff injury that I've re-aggravated before by starting right off maxing out high weight on bench press.

I'll reiterate to him that I really don't care about how my muscles look, I just want to build up to lose fat. And I'll bring up some of the points in this thread.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Sorry if I sounded harsh. In all seriousness, I'm a little edgy because I'm actually sticking to the diet today. LOL. I really do appreciate any honest advice, as I know a lot of you really know your stuff.

I know that routine sounds a little goofy. Hopefully his plan is that's an intro to a more standard routine. We shall see.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:46 PM

no worries suzzer...just ask the guy what his plan for you is...not sure how many sessions you get or how this session fits into his plan for you...just ask him why you are doing each thing and why its necessary...good luck with the diet...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 AM

Seriouly, Suzzer you are an inspiration. Keep it up and I will continue to watch, as a wussy of course. I don't post enough to count, but I have followed your posts. I give you a ton of credit for what you're doing. I'm just a lowly poker dealer in Vegas, but I appreciate your outlook on fitness and your great input on SNG strategy. Keep it up and "No," I'm not gay.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Update: going well. Still getting over that first time soreness from some of the work out stuff, but liking it. AND I've been almost perfect on my diet for 2.25 days now. Which those first 2-4 days are always the hardest for me to get any momentum. I really think I can get rolling on the diet. Even resisted donut day at work yesterday. The devil was tempting me, and I passed.

Quick eating question: Right now I'm getting up, eating my little protein/some fruit breakfast and going to workout. Then I come back and drink my no-cal, no-carb protein shake, but don't eat anything else for a few hours. Does this make sense? Or should I also be eating some calories and/or carbs right after my workout?

Oh yeah one more question. Does morning wood mean something? I used to get it every morning in my late teens/early 20s. Now it's pretty rare unless I'm working out a lot or doing really well on a zone-type diet (other diets not so much). I figure this has to be a good sign. But is it known to be a result of something, like more testosterone?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM

I guess no one wants to touch my morning wood.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess no one wants to touch my morning wood.

[/ QUOTE ]

just a stab in the dark, but i'm going to guess better blood flow.