Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: President\'s Cup

[ QUOTE ]
For some of you who posted in the Tour Championship thread, nobody, NOBODY should EVER question Woody's heart or integrity.

That was simply great to watch no matter which team you are rooting for.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

So his character and integrity are beyond reproach because he made some nice shots on the first two days President's Cup? I don't get the connection.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM

That was [censored] hilarious when Woody fell into that pond today.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So his character and integrity are beyond reproach because he made some nice shots on the first two days President's Cup? I don't get the connection.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some people wouldn't understand, that is their loss. It has nothing to do with the shots, very little to do with the result. Trout knows what I'm talking about.

If Ryder Cuppers had half Woody's heart and desire and grit, they would never lose.

BO
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Some people wouldn't understand, that is their loss. It has nothing to do with the shots, very little to do with the result. Trout knows what I'm talking about.

If Ryder Cuppers had half Woody's heart and desire and grit, they would never lose.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Woody has a ton of heart. I mean, if I was a downie, I would probably be trying my hardest too to prove to everyone I'm as good as the next guy.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:21 PM

The Presidnet's cup is better than the Ryder cup, IMO. Some of the reasons:

1) The American media gets WAY too patriotic and mushy about the whole Ryder cup thing. Seems so contrived - it's just golf! The role of the Captain in Ryder cup is WAY overstated. Jacka nd Gary do have it right. "Go play golf"

2) The depth and name recognition of the international team is much greater.

3) All 12 players play every match. Benching golfers is idiotic, and something they are not used to.

4) If Jack and Gary want to make a match-up, they can (i.e Woods/Weir or Woods/Rory, Woods/O'Hern!!! or VJ/Phil. The "line-up" system in the Ryder Cup is silly.

5) Some people may be down on the "gimmee putt" or the Jack/Gary love-in, but there is no arguing one thing. The President's cup has produced much better golf matches than the Ryder Cup of late. I will always remember Woods/Els putting in the dark, and yesterday's Weir/VJ versus Phil/Woody match was awesome.

PS> Off topic, but the Montreal course looks like a nice old fashioned, tree-lined golf course -- too bad we don't see more of these.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 PM

There's a huge difference between integrity and 'heart'...huge. I found it funny that he did his little "tap in" after he missed a putt around the 14th or whatever hole (the 1' was inconsequential or conceded)...well, SURE looked a lot like the one he whiffed on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) All 12 players play every match. Benching golfers is idiotic, and something they are not used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not every match. Only 5 matches twice tomorrow. Cink and Howell will be cheering in the morning.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not every match. Only 5 matches twice tomorrow. Cink and Howell will be cheering in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx. I stand corrected.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:37 PM

FWIW, I think the PCup is far better than the Ryder cup, if only for the reason that it's the WORLD instead of just Europe.

Oh, and a big booya for Weir kicking ass and showing why he was an awesome pick.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM

ArcticKnight,

Pretty good points IMO, but you're fighting an uphill battle. A lot of people prefer the tradition of the Ryder Cup, the fact that the seemingly underdog Europeans keep defying logic time and again. Plus their chemistry and energy is way more fun to witness than the stodgy President's Cup squad.

It's like dogs and cats, people seem forced to pick one or the other. Why can't I like both? So I choose to like these both for what they are. Tomorrow I'm golfing 36 holes so I'm bummed to be missing it, but I'll be recording all ten hours or whatever and really look forward to watching it when I get home.