Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Microscopic sample size STAT checkup plz

Microscopic position stats, plz?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:29 PM

PJ: pretty much have nothing to quibble with the direct questions you asked for ranges in spots. I am certain your problem is not playing enough in the CO and button and folding the BB too much. You'll jump 2-3% in VPIP just by stopping folding your BB so much, and another 2-3% by stealing from the button with a real man's range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, my postflop agg factor is probably a bit lower than 2.1, its very style dependent. If you are in games with lots of calling stations though it should be higher. The more LAGs, the lower it should be generally.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ: pretty much have nothing to quibble with the direct questions you asked for ranges in spots. I am certain your problem is not playing enough in the CO and button and folding the BB too much. You'll jump 2-3% in VPIP just by stopping folding your BB so much, and another 2-3% by stealing from the button with a real man's range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this seems to be the prevailing notion, maybe I need to re-read Stox and figure out how to play super marginal hands OOP against a steal. Like defending a hand such as K5o, the flop comes T82, and I c/f anyway.

Or I have 86o, flop some kind of gutterball like KT7, and feel lost without odds for the draw. Hopefully when I work on how to get $ out of these marginal BB hands, I can play them.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, my postflop agg factor is probably a bit lower than 2.1, its very style dependent. If you are in games with lots of calling stations though it should be higher. The more LAGs, the lower it should be generally.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense, and yeah the opponents in my game are more loose-passive fish. At least the ones I try to sit with.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:57 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense, and yeah the opponents in my game are more loose-passive fish. At least the ones I try to sit with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then youīre adapting to your environment perfectly IMO.Defending your BB more than 61% against loose passives is just spew.And so are 3-betting light preflop.
Your blind stealing of 33% is also fine as long as you steal% from button is >40% and your CO steal is 30%-ish.You should still steal from those positions with super marginal hands since you are playing in position against awful players. But your steal% from SB should decrease dramatically and therefore your total blind steal percentages decreases.
On the other hand you should complete SB more and overlimp more borderline hands In position.
And your W$SD should be in the range of 57-60%.
However a WSF of 48% is totally impossible to sustain.Be prepared for something like 40%.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And your W$SD should be in the range of 57-60%

[/ QUOTE ]

??? What's your WTSD%? I don't think my W$SD has ever been higher than 57 over 10k+ hands playing shorthanded.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:08 PM

is this filtered for 6 handed? my vpip/pfr is actually about the same with a full table, but my attempt to steal is a lot higher and fold to steal a lot lower.

looking at anything else is pretty worthless in this sample size
Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this filtered for 6 handed? my vpip/pfr is actually about the same with a full table, but my attempt to steal is a lot higher and fold to steal a lot lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

At full ring, my VPIP/PFR used to be around 16-17/11.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At full ring, my VPIP/PFR used to be around 16-17/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

what I meant was a total of 6 players at a 6max table... I was just suspecting that your small smaple included some 5 handed, 4 handed, and maybe shorter... if that's the case, I think you're too tight... if the sample is all 6handed play, its not too shabby
Old 11-09-2007, 03:18 PM

I constantly play with loose passives and mine is 58-59% or something (different databases, donīt bother to put them together) over 600K.My WSD is around 34-35%.

STOX had something like 58.28% over 300K so I really donīt think it is that unusual.But his figure is of course outstanding because he has it in an environment where people donīt constantly call down inferior hands.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what I meant was a total of 6 players at a 6max table... I was just suspecting that your small smaple included some 5 handed, 4 handed, and maybe shorter... if that's the case, I think you're too tight... if the sample is all 6handed play, its not too shabby

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see. No it isn't filtered for just 6-handed, but I can only think of a few orbits I played 3-4 handed. Most of this action came from 5-6 handed games.