All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
With regard to obtaining visas - I have a drink driving charge from about 12 months ago. Does this affect my visa application (It does if I go to the USA)

[/ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure the entry thing said nothing about past crimes. You can get visa from ur own country. I got 3x60 days, which means I just need to cross any border for 2 seconds every 60 days to be here for 6 month. If you are not broke I think a 1 year visa is pretty easy obtainable from ur home country too, they just need to see bankstatements saying you are in fact not über broke.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Greg - hows your internet access? Decent enough to 8 table Party Poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
You know that party has blocked thailand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame. Guess I'll have to find out what all you Americans keep whining about and play a little Stars/Tilt.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Me, noidea and Roger Mainfield are on Phuket grinding it out at our SSNL mansion

[/ QUOTE ]
That house is so clean. I wish I could have gone with everyone but I had some [censored] come up. I look at my place here compared to there and it is literally depressing.. and I live in an apartment on a damn golf course lol. I am planning some vacation spots within the next few months and Thailand is my first stop for sure.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:23 AM

Hey, seems like they are lots of visitors right now/verry soon?! just so you know, everyone "has to" wear yellow shirt/t-shirt/polo between 1 and 5th december for the king's 80th birthday! (yes, farangs too)
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 AM

was nice meeting up with pompui, cookie and co.. sorry don't know the other nicknames [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
you can kill me next time with Tequila shots Jappen [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ryu
SRB
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Always nice to meet new people
Too bad im always too sick(or horny) to drink untill i pass out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, seems like they are lots of visitors right now/verry soon?! just so you know, everyone "has to" wear yellow shirt/t-shirt/polo between 1 and 5th december for the king's 80th birthday! (yes, farangs too)

[/ QUOTE ]

is this true? i'm flying into bangkok tomorrow. i'll probably be there for < week then on to somewhere else. no plans. the only yellow shirt i own is a university hockey intramurals champions one. i could always buy one, but i think i'll bring that, and dump it after the 5th.

anyone want to meet up? pm me
Old 11-20-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this true? i'm flying into bangkok tomorrow. i'll probably be there for < week then on to somewhere else. no plans. the only yellow shirt i own is a university hockey intramurals champions one. i could always buy one, but i think i'll bring that, and dump it after the 5th.

anyone want to meet up? pm me

[/ QUOTE ]

From a NYTimes article:

To catch the infectious Thai spirit of the day (and show your enthusiasm), pack a yellow shirt. The National Commission on the Celebrations has asked everyone to wear yellow shirts (the royal color) every day from Dec. 1 to 5 to demonstrate their love and respect for His Majesty.

You can buy the 'official' King shirts anywhere, pretty much. Polo style seem to be the most popular, and they aren't expensive.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM

Are USD$100 bills easy to exchange or should I try to get smaller denominations?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are USD$100 bills easy to exchange or should I try to get smaller denominations?

[/ QUOTE ]
Use credit card and withdraw money at the ATMs, max card every time for best value. And then you dont have to bring monopoly money
Closed Thread