All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone tell me the best areas/districts to live in Bangkok and why please. I have some exp. of Thailand but none of Bangkok.

[/ QUOTE ]

sukhumvit ( nightlife, a lot of everything and more... ), silom ( city center, lots of stuff to do ) or sathorn ( big expensive hotels and some of the best restaurants, also next to the center )
The rest is just not good enough.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone tell me the best areas/districts to live in Bangkok and why please. I have some exp. of Thailand but none of Bangkok.

[/ QUOTE ]

sukhumvit ( nightlife, a lot of everything and more... ), silom ( city center, lots of stuff to do ) or sathorn ( big expensive hotels and some of the best restaurants, also next to the center )
The rest is just not good enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Me and some other poker buddies are looking to go to Thailand for a month looking to do the BKK thing for 2 weeks and possibly 1 week in another city and 1 week in Chiang muai.

Which city would you recommen and can you recommends hotels for each place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Riverside Hotel is Chiang Mai does the job, though I've only been to Chiang Mai a couple of times. It's centrally located, price is affordable, and its uh...by the river.

I know Bangkok a lot better, so whats your price range?

Instead of another city, I would go to one/some of the islands. Phuket, Krabi, Samui are all nice, especially over the next few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

In BKK we don't need anything to baller just no wheres that is disgusting maybe in a good part central to everything.

Also my buddies lease is up April 15th Is that a bad time of year?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys who are in Thailand, or have been in Thailand take stuff for malaria?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope, and its only recommended to take malaria pills if you are going to be close to the cambodian border or the border of laos.

[/ QUOTE ] I live by the Lao border (Vientiane is 15km away) and I've never heard of anyone getting malaria or of this being a serious concern. Dengue fever is a possibility but your chances of catching it are very low and it is rarely fatal.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 AM

how much is the riverside hotel per night for 1 person? cheapest room?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:06 AM

So hey, I went through the past 1000 posts or something and compiled a list of 2+2ers who are currently in Thailand. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Degen
farang0
KKF
ofdabeat
WhoIam - Thailand/Laos?
ofdabeat
NewTeaBag
cookie
beats
Wally Balls
shinigami

If my month goes well I think I might head there in December or so. If I do, I think I'd also want to visit other places in Asia while I'm in the area:

Korea (where I'm from)
Japan
somewhere in China
somewhere in India
Singapore
Philippines
Maybe Indonesia?

Is it easy to fly in and out of Thailand? Anyone have any recommendations on where I should go and what I should see?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:09 AM

u forgot me (ifear rewket)
Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 AM

I'm in Bangkok also until next summer. Travel to the nearby countries is easy and cheap, especially with Air Asia. A round trip to Singapore from Bangkok cost me 170 $ and it can be cheaper. I went to the Philippines and didnt liked it a lot. Its a bit too much poor, its really worse than thailand, outside of makati wich is the rich part of manila. Also, much of the girls tend to be fat wich is kind of weird in asia. I heard theres good beach on baracay and some other places but i didnt go.

Singapore is like the ''perfect city''. Its very clean everywhere with a lot of tree and beautiful buildings. The crime rate is very low. The traffic is good, theres a good nightlife also, but its very expensive. You cant find a decent hotel under 100 $ us a night, and most of them are 150 and up. A beer in a good bar cost about 10 $ us, etc

All that said, it lack the energy and sense of freedom that I like in Thailand.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys who are in Thailand, or have been in Thailand take stuff for malaria?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope, and its only recommended to take malaria pills if you are going to be close to the cambodian border or the border of laos.

[/ QUOTE ] I live by the Lao border (Vientiane is 15km away) and I've never heard of anyone getting malaria or of this being a serious concern. Dengue fever is a possibility but your chances of catching it are very low and it is rarely fatal.

[/ QUOTE ]
The area around Vientiane shouldnt be bad, but for instance if you stay close to the cambodian border etc you might be at risk, but its just what I remember from the doctor before I went here... But in the end the guy who asked should ask his doctor IMO...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Where can i rent or buy a friggin motorcycle/scooter in bangkok?
i want one. rigjht bloody now.
Closed Thread