Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

I had it when i was 26. The doctor will read some disclaimers like its 99.9999 (or something on those lines) effective but in extremely rare cases even after vasectomy the tubes came together and you impregnate someone. to reverse it is very difficult.

Then the doc asked if i had any kids. i said, i didnt have any, never wanted any. He was surprised and urged me to reconsider one more time. i was steadfast and he agreed on a date 3 weeks away. very cool doc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. With people producing kids by the litter, its a surprise the docs are not any more enthusiastic of us wanting to undergo vasectomy.

they ask you back in 3 weeks (mandatory waiting period maybe in some states). you go on day of surgery. have it shaved.

its an outpatient surgery with local anasthesia. only thing hurting will be the first needle going in and after that nothing. i was talking to the doc (out of nervousness i believe) and the nurse.

after the surgery its best go home and keep an ice pack on your groin for 2 days. it will be a bit discomfort first few days and you will be fine. after 2 weeks and 4 weeks they ask for a sample to make sure you are clear. my 2 week sample had some, so they asked for 2 more in 2 weeks and both came out clean.

end of story.

and oh yeah, most cases there is no complications. and your drive DOESNT decrease. in my case it increased because, while banging chicks you are never afraid of getting her preggers (i still use condoms 100% of the time, because you still can get stds).
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Did it a few months ago. For some reason mine hurt like hell. Doc gave me a 2nd shot halfway through and it helped but still massive pain. Almost passed out at a few points.
And no I'm not a puss. (I broke both arms snow skiing years ago and didnt take any drugs-just for some perspective) I guess I was the exception.

Anyway, it is worth it. Wifey stopped taking the pill and is much more interested now. Something hormonal? I dunno.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Have you had your vasectomy today?"

[/ QUOTE ]
nice body, a little winehouse in the face, but nothing a few beers won't cure
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

I once dated a girl with braces...does that count?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Couple of points:

1) It's about $800 procedure to get it. It's about $15,000 to get it reversed.

2) Frozen peas are the [censored]. Get em.

3) Get three pairs of tighty whiteys that are 4 sizes to small to wear for three weeks.

4) Have you doctor give you a prescription for 2 pain pills and 2 valiums to take one hour before the procedure.

5)The procedure takes about 25 minutes. Depending on the size/length of your tubes the procedure can hurt. Shorter tubes require some tugging which you can feel as they pull your balls. Imagine a yoyo on the end of a string that someone is pulling on.

6) The worst part of the whole thing is the pain from the stitches. Butterfly stitches that feel like someone has a clothes pin on your nads for two weeks. Feels so good when those stitches finally break.

Overall it isn't bad. I doubt that you are going to be able to find a doctor to do it at your age though. If you tell the doctor what you told us here, you got no chance...
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM

My experience was similar to those already mentioned. I only had a local and my doctor and I were joking about the Eagles throughout the whole thing. While I am happy I don't have to experience it again, the procedure itself is less painful than most dental work.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had it when i was 26. The doctor will read some disclaimers like its 99.9999 (or something on those lines) effective but in extremely rare cases even after vasectomy the tubes came together and you impregnate someone. to reverse it is very difficult.

Then the doc asked if i had any kids. i said, i didnt have any, never wanted any. He was surprised and urged me to reconsider one more time. i was steadfast and he agreed on a date 3 weeks away. very cool doc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have kids either, and the first doctor I went to urged me not to do it. I told her I hadn't changed my mind about having kids in 14 years, and had already resolved to adopt if I ever did. She flat refused to do the surgery anyway and claimed no doctor in her clinic would do it for someone my age. The next doctor I called in the same clinic did it with no hesitation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The surgery was cake. No shot in the balls either (I can't believe some docs still do this!), just an IV injection and a couple snips and it was over. Easier than getting a tooth filled. I experienced virtually no pain afterwards. I didn't even fill the prescription the doctor gave me, although I took some ibuprofen once or twice because my lower abs were kinda sore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

OP, you say you can't afford kids for the next 8 years or so. Fine, but that doesn't sound like a problem that warrants a permanent solution. You'd better be 100% sure you do not EVER want to have a kid before you get this done (and believe me, the next 8 years won't take as long to pass as you think).
Old 11-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Meh, no big deal. Snip, a couple days sorness like I pulled a stomach muscle. Why any couple would choose to have the woman tie her tubes vs. him get a vasectomy is beyond me. Tying tubes is a major deal, vasectomy isn't much worse than getting a flu shot.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 PM

I’ve had two. The first one lasted nine years before my wife got pregnant again. Get a good doctor, my first one sucked. The day after the procedure my dick turned black and green from the internal bleeding and I was blue almost all the way to my knees. If the vasectomy leaks by you will get what is called sperm granulomas, which are far more common than most doctors will tell you about as they make a lot of money off of this “simple” procedure. They are basically lumps in your nuts that can ache like you have been kicked day in and day out. Fixing them is not easy. More sex can make them either hurt like hell or relieve the pressure. Lucky for me, it relieved it and I married a good woman.

The second vasectomy went without a hitch, didn’t hurt and due to the fact that my new doc cut it before the old one relieved the pain from the granulomas.

Though there is nothing like riding bareback, if I were you I would think long and hard about doing this at your age. I never wanted kids until I was thirty. There is NOTHING like coming home at night and hearing your son yell to everyone in glee that Daddy’s home. Nothing. Worth every time some stupid bitch played the “I’m late” card with me in my early life.

I read this post after a few drinks so sorry if it’s choppy. I will leave you with this thought though. Before you get it done Google something like vasectomy complications and read about it. Like most medical issues it is NOT a sure thing, no problem procedure. You will most likely not get told too much about the negatives from any doctor, let alone a urologist trying to make his Mercedes payment and pay for his third wife’s face lift.

Research