Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: WSOP Circuit Harrahs Atlantic City in December

I won't be getting in until Sunday morning, but will be staying through Tuesday. Happy to meet up with you degens sometime in there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 PM

I'd like to propse a kick off breakfast on Saturday morning (morning of event 1)...and then a Sunday night dinner/drinkfest to drown my sorrows after busting from Event 2). I think this accomodates the few people who have posted here interested in a meetup (including RobTheDuck even if he is a Patriots fan). ANyone got ideas for locations?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:46 PM

KB - why you gotta hate on the Pats?

Sunday night sounds great (assuming I have donked out of Event #2 by then). I am open to suggestions, although maybe somewhere in the Marina area (i.e. Harrahs or Borgata) would be best since it seems many of us will be on that side of town.

I have spent all of 5 minutes of my life at Harrahs AC, so I know nothing about their property. Anything good to eat/drink there?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KB - why you gotta hate on the Pats?

Sunday night sounds great (assuming I have donked out of Event #2 by then). I am open to suggestions, although maybe somewhere in the Marina area (i.e. Harrahs or Borgata) would be best since it seems many of us will be on that side of town.

I have spent all of 5 minutes of my life at Harrahs AC, so I know nothing about their property. Anything good to eat/drink there?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Dolphins fan all I can do is rip on other peoples teams...all of whom are much much better than the Dolphins. Oh, and I can look forward to picking first in the NFL draft. But that is it.

I'll do some research on places in and around Harrahs...and perhaps someone can suggest something...I guess the Borgata is not far and there has to be something cool there.

Obv, hopefully we are all still playing late in to Sunday. But this is a good backup plan.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:10 AM

I called Harrahs today and managed to get a $99 poker rate for saturday night. They no longer have poker rate rooms for friday though. I didnt have a promotion code and got nothing in the mail about it, just gave her my name, card number and birthdate.

I'm going up there friday night and probably gonna kill some time at a 1-2 table at the taj. Anyone up for the noodle bar (the rim) rounders style? I'm also down for saturday breakfast at harrahs. I've never set foot in harrahs so im not sure whats good...

We could always grab a bite at the trop, I know of a secret soda machine where you can get 50 cent fantas!!! thats always +EV except the gas to get to the trop would of course make that -EV. ......i need some coffee!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:31 PM

I'll hopefully be playing in Event 1.

Not sure where I'm staying though.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 PM

I think I'm gonna play the $1K NL event on Friday, 12/14, and play a $500 supersat to the main event on Saturday. (I'll only play the ME if I win a seat.)

I'm not sure where I'm gonna stay either... does anyone know how much is a cab fare from, say, a boardwalk hotel (Taj/Showboat) to Harrah's?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm gonna play the $1K NL event on Friday, 12/14, and play a $500 supersat to the main event on Saturday. (I'll only play the ME if I win a seat.)

I'm not sure where I'm gonna stay either... does anyone know how much is a cab fare from, say, a boardwalk hotel (Taj/Showboat) to Harrah's?

[/ QUOTE ]

$10
Old 11-04-2007, 08:59 PM

The Total Rewards Shuttle is free (with your Total Rewards card) and goes between Harrahs, Showboat, Caesars and Bally's.

I've actually never used it myself, but I probably will on my trip in December. Whenever I have walked past the boarding point at Showboat it seems to have a line of old people, which is better than the typical greyhound clientel.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM

I just logged on to my total rewards page and was surprised to see the same offer! Surprised because I don't gamble (poker only) and I don't even play at Harrahs. Anyway I booked a room for Saturday night for a cool $99 and will be playing in the Sat 300+40.

If I bust out I will probably try to sat into the ME also.

GL to everyone who plays.