Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: LC/OT: AC Trip report (longish)

[ QUOTE ]
My friend Chuck received a complimentary room last night at Caesar's Palace in Atlantic City. He was kind enough to allow my roommate and I to stay with him.

It seemed to be a slow night, but I enjoyed my time in Atlantic City. The first place we played was there at Caesar's. We were all seated at the same table. It was a very typical live 1/2 table with many recreational players.

Two characters stand out in particular. The first was an older gentleman who didn't go all the way to Atlantic City to fold cards and had a particular habit of over-betting the flop. The other was another gentleman, obviously a tourist, there in Atlantic City to have fun, who was rather tipsy from cocktails. In his state, it was common for him to not realize he was pot committed and fold, saving his last few chips.

{At this point I need to stop my editing of this post because for this section a hand history would be far more concise, but alas, this hand was live.)

After a non-descript dinner, we adjourned to the Taj Mahal. I played another game of 1/2 unlimited wagering Texas Hold 'Em while Chuck played a typically raked live $37 mulitple table tournament. Aaron, whom many of you knows as 'Manchild' played 2/5 no limit. Judging by the pall on Aaron's face he either was losing or had some bad sushi earlier in the night. I couldn't be bothered with his condition as I was booking a profitable session for myself.

Some poker blah blah blah.

To conclude, I was pitted against a young man from the former Soviet Republic who had made it a habit to limp in early positon and then call my positional raise. I had the Ace and Jack of hearts in this particular hand. The first three cards contained an ace with two small cards with hearts on them. My hand no longer contained the Ace and Jack of hearts, although a few sentences ago I did. That is the magic that is Atlantic City, the Riviera of New Jersey! I would continue to talk about this hand, but it makes no sense because I originally had the nut flush, and now I am bluffing with the former nuts, that were my cards but magically weren't any longer.

I ended my trip with a tidy profit over two hundred dollars in a little less than seven hours of play.

Please join me next time to hear tales of my adventures in Las Vegas, the City of Lights! I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

With warmest regards,
Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

FTHOOYP
-Sixes
Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I know the result of the hand, but I still hate the flop bet into 2 super loose calling stations with 88 on KQJ 2 suited flop

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt bet based on the result...checking is of course fine also but there the gap between their PF calling ranges and based on the board texture, flop calling ranges I didnt think it was a horrible bet to make (i still dont think its too bad). id normally check anyways.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend Chuck received a complimentary room last night at Caesar's Palace in Atlantic City. He was kind enough to allow my roommate and I to stay with him.

It seemed to be a slow night, but I enjoyed my time in Atlantic City. The first place we played was there at Caesar's. We were all seated at the same table. It was a very typical live 1/2 table with many recreational players.

Two characters stand out in particular. The first was an older gentleman who didn't go all the way to Atlantic City to fold cards and had a particular habit of over-betting the flop. The other was another gentleman, obviously a tourist, there in Atlantic City to have fun, who was rather tipsy from cocktails. In his state, it was common for him to not realize he was pot committed and fold, saving his last few chips.

{At this point I need to stop my editing of this post because for this section a hand history would be far more concise, but alas, this hand was live.)

After a non-descript dinner, we adjourned to the Taj Mahal. I played another game of 1/2 unlimited wagering Texas Hold 'Em while Chuck played a typically raked live $37 mulitple table tournament. Aaron, whom many of you knows as 'Manchild' played 2/5 no limit. Judging by the pall on Aaron's face he either was losing or had some bad sushi earlier in the night. I couldn't be bothered with his condition as I was booking a profitable session for myself.

Some poker blah blah blah.

To conclude, I was pitted against a young man from the former Soviet Republic who had made it a habit to limp in early positon and then call my positional raise. I had the Ace and Jack of hearts in this particular hand. The first three cards contained an ace with two small cards with hearts on them. My hand no longer contained the Ace and Jack of hearts, although a few sentences ago I did. That is the magic that is Atlantic City, the Riviera of New Jersey! I would continue to talk about this hand, but it makes no sense because I originally had the nut flush, and now I am bluffing with the former nuts, that were my cards but magically weren't any longer.

I ended my trip with a tidy profit over two hundred dollars in a little less than seven hours of play.

Please join me next time to hear tales of my adventures in Las Vegas, the City of Lights! I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

With warmest regards,
Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

FTHOOYP
-Sixes

[/ QUOTE ]

touche, I have mistold this hand multiple times. For clarification, I did NOT have any hearts in my hand, and the rest of the hand played out as stated. nice FYP.