Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: UFC 78, TUF 6 Finale, UFC 79

I think you may have gotten a bit too involved with Alexander to be objective, Perf (and I'm not just thinking this after the fact - I bet on Silva). The fight went more or less exactly like I expected, and Houston showed nothing on the ground.

I could be off, but this may be something to think about when you are capping fighters that you develop a personal relationship with through your work.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:41 AM

Well, the Alexander fight was pretty much exactly like how I posted. The clinch was inevitable and then once it went to the ground there was no real resistance on Houston's part. Thiago Silva is a great grappler and his top control is quite good. Expecting Houston to stop him with the short amount of training time he's had with BJJ was just a little unrealistic.

Anyways, we can all definitely agree that from a fan's perspective, the event was very poor. Least entertaining card since the early UFCs, IMO.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:57 AM

How bad was it first ufc ive missed in a while sounds like houston showed no ground game what so ever and rashad eeked out a decesion
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 AM

Apple, you can always get the full play-by-play recap from MMAjunkie if you want to see how everything went.

-P
Old 11-18-2007, 09:51 AM

i had no idea whether alexander had a competitive ground game or not coming into this fight, but the tremendous ease and quickness with which he got mounted once the fight went to the ground says a lot i think
Old 11-18-2007, 10:22 AM

This was a dulllll show. That being said, I just watched all the undercard fights which, without exception, are way more entertaining than the main card.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the Alexander fight was pretty much exactly like how I posted. The clinch was inevitable and then once it went to the ground there was no real resistance on Houston's part. Thiago Silva is a great grappler and his top control is quite good. Expecting Houston to stop him with the short amount of training time he's had with BJJ was just a little unrealistic.

Anyways, we can all definitely agree that from a fan's perspective, the event was very poor. Least entertaining card since the early UFCs, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Props. That is all.