Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Top two and wild flop action

No special reads on SB (so far rather tight & solid, hadn't done anything weird), but MP2 is a donkhead, VPIP maybe 40-50, likes to go to showdown with any pair. My image - well, people have seen me 3betting with TP before.

PokerStars $0.10/$0.20 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#FF0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB cappies</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Yee-haa, it's top two pair. But I get c/r-ed and c/c/capped. I didn't care about MP2 at all as I was 100% sure here he had A/rag and spiked his. I don't even give him credit for two pair - he would've waited for the turn.
But SB's cap worries me. Pot is big though and I switch to call down mode.

I did some number crunching. If I give SB a range of TT, 66, ATs, A6s, ATo, A6o, T6s (no AA or T6o because PF) and MP2 A9-A2 (without A6) I'm still a 55-43-2 favourite. If I reduce SB's range to AT or set, well, then I'm a 25% dog.
While I played this I figured with MP2's dead money in the pot calling down is fine.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls,

Your thoughts ? TIA
Old 09-08-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Top two and wild flop action

I play it exactly the same and expect to lose to 66. You can't fold the turn and closing the action on the river you will easily be good often enough to call.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:52 PM

raise the turn.... what really matters here is that he DOESNT have AA
Old 09-08-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the turn.... what really matters here is that he DOESNT have AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I raise the turn ? After the flop-cap I have to consider the possibility I'm WB.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:45 PM

crappy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sb should have the same reads as you ... MP is a complete tard and you look OK ...

i can't really see him do this with a whole lot of hand ... other than the ace the flop is pretty dry and his play looks like a trap play knowing that MP is a complete tard and that you will be c-betting the flop 100%

i don't think there are many hands out in the mix ... 66 (most of the time) or maybe TT
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and T6 (in [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) are also possible,
and perhaps he forgot to 3bet AK or maybe AQ preflop

i can't see doing much different ... if you think he is aggressive enough to call/cap with lighter than two pair then having this retard in can change things

perhaps it's also possible that he thinks the board is two paired with [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] instead of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (lol) and has something that would compliment that draw ( [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]i've done that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 09-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Raise the turn! you have top 2, and A6 and T6 are very much in their ranges.

The SB's flop action doesn't make too much sense, so he's probably a spaz. Also, I think AK-AJ are in SB's range, he may not want to raise with those sorts of hands pf.
Also, Mp2 sounds like some good dead money here, to pad the pot a little for you.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:16 PM

I think turn-raising here is spew as spew can.

There's now way AK-AJ are in SBs capping range here. If I discard one A for MP2 it looks like this:
TT (1 combo), 66(6), AT (2), A6(3) and T6(if I include offsuit 6).
So drawing to 3 outs against 7 combos, splitting with 2 and in good shape against max 9 (prolly less).
Old 09-08-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn! you have top 2, and A6 and T6 are very much in their ranges.

The SB's flop action doesn't make too much sense, so he's probably a spaz. Also, I think AK-AJ are in SB's range, he may not want to raise with those sorts of hands pf.
Also, Mp2 sounds like some good dead money here, to pad the pot a little for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

cki ...

try writing all the hands out that you think would play like this ...
T6, A6 are in range but there aren't many hands that villain will play ... unless the guy is a retard he isn't calling with random off suite crap (A6o would be included)

I did forget get about other AT combos though ... still doesn't change much ...
3betting is spew against this guy (you allow him to 3bet and possibly force out the tard who is really giving us overlay)
Old 09-08-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it exactly the same and expect to lose to 66. You can't fold the turn and closing the action on the river you will easily be good often enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Agreed. You cant fold the turn with your outs to a boat if behind. Also the pot is big enough to justify calling on the river for the times that your hand is good.