Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:38 AM

Default AKo unimproved Turn/river play

BB 29/19/43/1.18
PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

does anyone fold the turn ?
which river cards can i call ?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: AKo unimproved Turn/river play

I feel like these spots are a leak of mine so Im not going to comment, but curious to hear others.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Calling turn and folding river is bad unless you think he's not likely to fire a third barrel with a missed draw. The only other reason for a call-down is to perhaps get a better read on his play and snap off the occasional bluff.

You could raise the turn and go for a free showdown, obviously folding to a 3bet. This however might open the door for a 3-bet bluff by villain, although I don't think many player have that play in their arsenal.

Folding can't be that bad either. We're drawing dead or to 6-outs a big % of the time.

The eight is pretty bad since the oesd now paired up, and he will value bet it. But since I got there and it's a paired board, I think I call it purely out of curiosity.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like these spots are a leak of mine so Im not going to comment, but curious to hear others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. I think I call down here too much given my image, which is probably quite showdowny. If I was BB I would fire again with air on the river if I thought you were capable of folding A high. What was your image like?

Also, that T on the turn is a pretty good card for you as it makes it less likely villain holds a T. I think you should be more inclined to show down here than if the turn was a J or 9 for example.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Obviously thats a really bad river card since it hits both OESDs on the flop and it his all top end gutshot draws. I think you played this hand well every street.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM

I am suprised nobody 3 bets the flop here. I like free showdowns on drawheavy boards. 3-bet flop, bet the turn fold to a raise and take a free river seems like its saving you a half a bet when you're behind and makes it easy to fold. Also, he could possibly fold the turn with his 97o.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM

I like a flop 3 bet on this draw heavy board.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone fold the turn ?
which river cards can i call ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't fold the turn after just calling the flop. You actually like that T a little bit. BUT if you 3bet the flop and he caps and leads, then you CAN fold. That's why 3betting the flop is the best line here. Then keep firing on the turn if he checks, although a donk here would be very problematic and probably force you to fold absent any reads. If he calls turn bet you are almost certainly losing and can fold river UI if you don't get your free SD.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am suprised nobody 3 bets the flop here. I like free showdowns on drawheavy boards. 3-bet flop, bet the turn fold to a raise and take a free river seems like its saving you a half a bet when you're behind and makes it easy to fold. Also, he could possibly fold the turn with his 97o.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that he will fold a 7 here. Anyway i would prefer to 3 bet flop and lead turn. Mostly he will have some draw and this way makes the hand easier to play.