Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Default I think Im being Scammed by an OnGame network site

Here's my story, looking for some advice on what to do.

An online acquaintance of mine knows I play poker online, he told me that his brother and a few other guys had set up a poker site on the Poker Room network, and that I could get rakeback there etc. I signed up and have played for a few months. There have been several issues with the site already, basically I think the guys are incompetent and ignorant of the online poker landscape. Anyways, the real issue now is after several successful small withdraws (500 or less), I went to withdraw 2000 on March 19 to Neteller. They claim on the site that it takes 24-48 hrs max for it to hit Neteller, but here I am two weeks later, and the transaction is still 'pending'. I have sent a few emails to playersupport.com and received VERY unsatisfactory replies.
Here are the emails -

3/23 -
Hi, I made this withdraw request on 3-19 at 19:05. It is still pending, I wonder if you could tell me when this will process to neteller? Thanks!

Reply:
Hello xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us, your withdrawal request is currently being processed by our Accounts department, who will contact you by e-mail if they require any further information.

We thank you for your patience, we are aware of your situation and will look to have it expedited without any further inconvenience to yourself.

If your have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely,
Charlene

Player Support
help@playersupport.com

So I wait six more days and email them again, asking why this is taking so long, and that I have bills to pay. I get this reply:

Dear xxxxxx,

I am terribly sorry for the delay in getting your funds to you. Rest assured that our Accounts department is working on having all payments sent out as soon as possible. Should we receive any further information regarding your withdrawal before it is processed we will be sure to contact you immediately either by phone or e-mail. Once your payment is processed you will receive an automatic e-mail notification telling you to expect it in the mail. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So basically they are saying 'We are holding it until further notice'? I am now pissed and fired off this email:

So there is NO timetable on this? The money is just frozen 'until further notice'?? Your company should be ashamed of itself.

No reply since in 4 days, money still frozen. I spoke to the site owner and he replied with this email:

xxxx,

Thanks for the email. I understand your frustrations. Regarding the payout situation, the third party we are using for our processing is really slow in processing these payouts. The money is secure, yet these payouts seem to be slow, and getting slower. Now, they cant tell me when certain payouts will be processed; that is why we are taking control with setting up the merchant account with neteller. This could take a couple weeks to get things fired up, but its the only answer - it will solve the problem once and for all. You may still get you payout before then, but who knows, these guys are a bunch of jackasses (in my professional opinion) and have left us all in the dark. Until we obtain full control with our merchant account with neteller, i am not in control of the withdrawal. I can just request it, which i have and then some. Regarding bills not being paid, i dont have a good answer until we take full control of the processing. If push comes to shove, i can send you a couple hundred from my bank account, and take it from your poker account i guess. But, that would be last resort - as i really dont want to do that. I appreciate your patience. This will be rectified. We have our best people on it; but setting up this merchant account is a back and forth processes that has to go through several regulatory steps and approvals, all of which are more intense after 9/11. I know this isnt what you want to hear, but i am shooting you straight.

So, I feel like I am being scammed here. I have 2k on the way out, and another 4k on the site. I wonder if they are just bullshitting me to keep me playing there, or if perhaps the payment processing company is a scam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.