Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Top pair & nut flush draw in $1500 NL 6-max

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nath,
I could see shoving as because we are OOP but in position its pretty bad.

Do you expect him to call with worse aces or worse draws?

Do you expect him to fold AQ, AK, Two pair or sets?

I'm not sure the answer but if you are shoving the answer to one of these questions needs to be yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give a crap what he has, really. I'm jamming because I have a big draw. Why are so many of you acting like this is a foreign concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I really do like raising less than allin. Most guys will never fold something like KTc there which we really really want not to fold. Also we are committing ourselves so no real way we are going to mess up and fold later.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:26 PM

agree with exit/dan/timex/most of people. Nath, I hate shoving
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Agree w/ Nath for a few reasons, some he already listed. Another reason I like jaming flop, even tho the line looks really strong, because makes it seem like we're protecting our hand while flat calling screams that we're drawing. Either way for villain to min-raise an UTG raiser he'd have to be really strong and we want to get as much money in on the flop with our big hand/ big draw.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Didn't I justify why raising/jamming is better? Flat calling what the hell are you doing on the turn if it's a blank? If it's a club? You lose all the value out of your hand by calling.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:06 PM

I don't understand why people are coming into this thread saying that shoving is better than raising to 5250 or whatever. I somewhat understand Nath's point that the EV differential between raising to 5250 and shoving is not huge but I have not seen one argument for why there would be a bigger edge by shoving and allowing a smaller club draw to fold.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:09 PM

Raising will get most worst draws to call here and it will also get most hands that beat us to possibly fold (Ak-AQ). With raising the flop and jamming the turn, or just jaming the flop, you most likely do not need to hit you flush to win the hand. Getting all the money in on the flop or the turn (Flop >Turn) will let the hand play it self-out without over complicating the sitiuation.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:09 PM

I didn't necessarily say raising smaller is worse than shoving, but I think calling is awful awful here.

You HAVE to be raising this flop, and I would probably jam but I don't know which is better.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising will get most worst draws to call here and it will also get most hands that beat us to possibly fold (Ak-AQ). With raising the flop and jamming the turn, or just jaming the flop, you most likely do not need to hit you flush to win the hand. Getting all the money in on the flop or the turn (Flop >Turn) will let the hand play it self-out without over complicating the sitiuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty bad post.

He is not folding AK to our flop raise, draws are not necessarily calling if we shove, and our goal should be to maximize EV and not to play the hand in an uncomplicated manner.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Bad post noted,
Reason why I mentioned him folding hands beating us is because OP described villain as someone who's bad post flop in a way that he would fold AQ, AK to 3-bet on a draw heavy borad. Other wise, I completely agree that maximizing EV is the goal and not simplifying play.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 AM

Seems like a pretty easy check call down. This is a hand where you just let him do all the betting for you, wether it be with weak aces or draws or dominations. Btw if it goes check/check on the turn, Im checking the river to induce a bluff.