Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
Interview with Colonel David Hunt on 9/11

"Everyone seems to want to pick on Bin Laden. I think he's an easy target. I'm not too sure yet, that it is. We still have to answer the question who's supporting these people...<font color="red">But we've got state sponsored terrorism. This was such a well planned deal, I would find it difficult to believe that this was done by just a terrorist organisation. This takes inside information. This takes a lot of planning and pin point execution.</font>"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8164&amp;hl=nl
http://www.archive.org/details/fox5200109112348-0030

Colonel David Hunt has over 29 years of military experience, including extensive operational experience in Special Operations, Counter Terrorism and Intelligence Operations. Most recently, Colonel Hunt served as Tactical Advisor in Bosnia where he facilitated all national intelligence matters for the Commander in Chief, as well as coordinating a $350,000,000 national security program for the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency in 1997.

Prior to this, he served as counter terrorism coordinator to the Summer Olympic Games in Seoul, Korea. In this capacity, David Hunt planned, choreographed and implemented the first United States national response for an Olympic event in Korea in conjunction with Korean National Intelligence and the Korean Crisis Response Agency as the counter-terrorist coordinator.

His role as a leader began with a Special Forces Operational Detachment of 12 soldiers, expanding to command a brigade of over 1,000 personnel. He received his Master's degree in English from Norwich University in 1981, and later graduated from the John F. Kennedy School of Government in Harvard University in 1991.

David Hunt has lectured for the Federal Bureau of Investigation Academy, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, and several other high profile agencies, as well as state and local police officials.

Recently, he has shared his expertise in over 200 televised interviews on Operation Iraqi Freedom. Bill O'Reilly of the "O'Reilly Factor" called David Hunt the "Best Military Analyst in the Business" and Fox's "Go to Guy on the War.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37309,00.html

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. Now please post some quotes from the thousands of experts who disagree with this one man's opinion.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This takes inside information. This takes a lot of planning and pin point execution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm convinced, Because a bunch of very well educated Saudis who spent months if not years planning this could not pull it off. Why? Ummm, because it takes a lot of planning. Oh, ok.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you one thing Nielso, you are impervious to embarrassment. I bust your chops for "ALWAYS" changing the subject when challenged, and in the very next post, you change the subject!

[ QUOTE ]
You say, "fires can't melt steal."

We say, "fires can weaken it enough to bend, and every metallurgist in the world knows it."

And you respond, "there's this guy that headed the 911 commission, and here's a vid showing he's got a really shady background..."

[/ QUOTE ]

We respond, "you always change the subject."

And you say, "but here's an army man who says it's just gotta be a conspiracy. And he's army, ya know."
Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you one thing Nielso, you are impervious to embarrassment. I bust your chops for "ALWAYS" changing the subject when challenged, and in the very next post, you change the subject!

[ QUOTE ]
You say, "fires can't melt steal."

We say, "fires can weaken it enough to bend, and every metallurgist in the world knows it."

And you respond, "there's this guy that headed the 911 commission, and here's a vid showing he's got a really shady background..."

[/ QUOTE ]

We respond, "you always change the subject."

And you say, "but here's an army man who says it's just gotta be a conspiracy. And he's army, ya know."

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part, Bill, is this from Nielsio's OP: "If you don't want to talk science, take your cynicism elsewhere."
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best part, Bill, is this from Nielsio's OP: "If you don't want to talk science, take your cynicism elsewhere."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, personality disorder is the only reason for rejecting 911 conspiracy.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kaj, I just addressed all the issues you posted. Namely

how hot the fires burned at
how much load rating the steel had
how weak the steel was at this temperature

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't at all.

The steel engineer just said in my post that steel has about 10% of its original strength at 1800F, which is about where they figured the fire was at with exposed steel members (no fire-proof insulation). Your retort is a 6x safety factor? Do some quick math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sources for your 1800 F figure?

How many high rise buildings have gone down due to fire in the history of high rise buildings besides 9/11?

How hot do you believe jet fuel to burn at?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 PM

Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

James Quintiere, Ph.D., former Chief of the Fire Science Division of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), has called for an independent review of NIST’s investigation into the collapses of the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11.

Dr. Quintiere made his plea during his presentation, “Questions on the WTC Investigations” at the 2007 World Fire Safety Conference. “I wish that there would be a peer review of this,” he said, referring to the NIST investigation. “I think all the records that NIST has assembled should be archived. I would really like to see someone else take a look at what they’ve done; both structurally and from a fire point of view.”

“I think the official conclusion that NIST arrived at is questionable,” explained Dr. Quintiere. “Let's look at real alternatives that might have been the cause of the collapse of the World Trade Towers and how that relates to the official cause and what's the significance of one cause versus another.”

Dr. Quintiere, one of the world’s leading fire science researchers and safety engineers, also encouraged his audience of fellow researchers and engineers to scientifically re-examine the WTC collapses. “I hope to convince you to perhaps become 'Conspiracy Theorists', but in a proper way,” he said.

In his hour-long presentation, Dr. Quintiere discussed many elements of NIST’s investigation that he found problematic. He emphasized, “In every investigation I’ve taken part in, the key has been to establish a timeline. And the timeline is established by witness accounts, by information from alarm systems, by any video that you might have of the event, and then by calculations. And you try to put all of this together. And if your calculations are consistent with some of these hard facts, then perhaps you can have some comfort in the results of your calculations. I have not seen a timeline placed in the NIST report.”

http://www.opednews.com/articles/gen...ef_of_nist.htm

August 21st 2007
Old 08-21-2007, 11:00 PM

More informative than your post.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM

[x] Peanut gallery flings poo
Old 08-22-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

[/ QUOTE ]

And there were 500 credentialed people there who are satisfied with the investigation.

Now what do you do?

You weigh the actual evidence -- which you steadfastly refuse to do.