Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Party 5/10 biggest pot ever. When to slow down?

Reads:
UTG was 100/34 when I sat down. Since then it dropped to 80/15/1.5. He is extremely bad with a wtsd at ~50 and without any hand reading abilities.

CO is unknown as I remember

BTN is bad. Something like 45/15 and a very big looser.

BB is unknown

I have datamined a lot at party so unknowns are more often than not new players and bad.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (15.4SB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (17.7BB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (35.7BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 44.7BB

This is not a bad beat in disguise. Comments on any street are welcome, but I am mostly interested in the turn cap and river raise as a friend of mine thought I was the donkey in this hand.

The final call was crying. Dont think I can fold a set in a 43BB pot against morons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh, and for you US players. This is standard action at party... HAHAHAHA your government sucks! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (No offense)
Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Party 5/10 biggest pot ever. When to slow down?

I love how BB check/3bet 3 streets &lt;3

I think I call the turn 3bet and call the river.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 AM

If BB really has it, that was some worthwhile play. 'Gimme all your money'-line.

As for when to slow down, I agree with kaby.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 AM

yea I wouldn't cap the turn
Old 05-29-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA your government sucks! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (No offense)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Ya, I'm Canadian and I'm still on Stars. Beat?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 AM

On the turn only 77 and TT beats hero. Both holdings are plausible for bb on flop and turn. UTG may have Overpair.

If BB holds 77 or TT why should he donk the turn? He can go for an easy c/r against the table. I would slowdown after bb 3bets the turn.

As played i really dont know why bb again checks the river.
But it seems to work great for his TT.

PS: After reviewing the hand A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is not impossible for bb.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:20 AM

I would cap the turn also with 4 others in. On the river I would've gone for the overcalls.

I'd fold PF. You're a coinflip with the maniac but there are four likely loose people behind you.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would cap the turn also with 4 others in. On the river I would've gone for the overcalls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you said that. The pot is huge so I have to expect people will call my cap. This gives me 4:1 on my money and it cant be reraised. Big overpairs and overcard+fds are in BB's and UTG's ranges. The more I think about the hand the easier a turn cap I think it is. (Not that its extremely easy!)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold PF. You're a coinflip with the maniac but there are four likely loose people behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Multitabling error. You know those times where you push the raise button and regret instantly. Actually I think an argument could be made for cold calling in this particular spot at this particular table.

BTW. BB had 64o for the straight and the mega donk in UTG had 33. Its the sickest hand I have ever played!!

Oh and to you US players: Party just changed their VIP program for the better. HAHAHAHAHAHA´ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 07:04 AM

fold PF? what hands are you 3 betting to isolate with against an Uberdonk in this situation?
That was 5/T?, looks like .25/.50 play to me, in which case your good %90, still I would just call the river. my guess is probably overs and the BB had 46.