Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Keeping My Entire Bankroll on a Site

Hello,

I've been playing for almost 2 years while virtually never withdrawing. Now I have finally amassed enough to play 10/20 and 15/30 LHE, but I don't want to withdraw any money from the site. I feel more secure and confident having 95% of my roll on party. When I encounter a downswing, it doesn't seem as bad because I have plenty of money in the account so it is proportionally less.

What should I tell myself to withdraw some money into my bank account while still playing the same limits? I don't believe the money earned into an account is that much relative to the sum.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Keeping My Entire Bankroll on a Site

put the money you take out into a specific high interest account or a specific mutual fund and still consider it a part of your bankroll. For limit, I'd probably keep 500 BB in there at all times and then just withdraw anything above that (300 could probably work but you'd be very likely to have to redeposit sometime soon).

Up until now, I've considered my BR to be what's online. I recently switched to NL from limit, so moving up became a factor of skill, comfort, and profitability since ROR became a non-issue for several levels.

I'm now playing NL400, and intend to leave 15k on the internet (so I have 25 buy-ins for NL600). Thus, if I move up to 600 and experience a 10 buy-in downswing, I can still be fully operational without redepositing.

Psychologically, it's all the same for now... my only reservation is that I've never done an EFT transfer into party and it would feel odd depositing like $5k from my bank account since I haven't made a deposit from "real" money since a $100 deposit 18 months ago.

I'll have to hit a downswing before I have any feedback there. I already feel a lot better that my money is more secure (no hacker paranoia) and earning interest (well, index fund went down 0.7% on the first day, BUT STILL!)

edit: I guess when you say "enough" for a certain limit, it's a subjective thing. For me, I'm a student with no expenses so my bankroll makes up > 50% of my net worth and I take a very conservative, professional approach to it (as my only source of income, and I have property purchasing prospects for the future). I wouldn't recommend having less than 300BB online though, especially for 6m, especially since it'll take a few days to redeposit, and as you probably know, 100BB can dissapear in seconds.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 PM

Just remind yourself that party is the site that gave everyone a credit for a cabin upgrade on a cruise that most of the people weren't even on. And they gave out some stupid backgammon bonus where you had to play like three one dollar games for a hundred dollar bonus.

If they can't take care of their money better than that what the hell makes you think they are going to take care of yours?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:08 PM

There have been reports in the past of Party accounts being hacked. I remember it happening to Peachy for sure, and one or two other posters. I didn't follow everything too closely, so I don't remember whether or not it was ever resolved, but that alone stops me from keeping all of my money in one place.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:13 PM

Put it in Netteller, at least a percentage.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:51 AM

bad idea