Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: PLO 3/6, semi deep, river

I think you played it well and should fold the river against unknown.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM

I don't think folding the flop should be standard: you have an overpair and a flush draw, even if they are both weak. It's possible you have the best hand, the best draw, and the best position. Of course you should play with him at least occasionally on later streets without the nuts, if that is what you mean by "taking it away later".
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it well and should fold the river against unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I like all streets (the turn raise is very nice and something I've started to incorporate more into my game against people that actually fold), but this river is probably a fold.

It's possible that he's floating and trying to rep any diamond/board pair, but I don't know that he'd be doing this without a read on you.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM

Misread, flop is standard call, esp in position. Was thinking flop was rainbow and we turned flushdraw.

If flop was rainbow, i think part of reason to call flop there is to start repping hands if we feel we have to.

And we cant fold every time there on a smal site where we most likely are go play alot vs villian, but to max ev in this hand only i think fold is best.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call without reads always. When you have 3 diamonds, this is almost always naked ace bluff and you get great pot odds. I put villain on a set + naked ace or a low-end straight + naked ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure of your logic of why this is almost always a naked ace bluff. Is it a math thing? If so could you please explain it to me - I feel kind of stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We get something like 1:2.7 or so on our money, so the call should be righ only ~30% of the time to be profitable. We have 3 diamonds in our hand and there is three in the board. Also villain could be valuebetting worse diamonds, we have Jd. Call without reads. We have enough left on the river for villain to think that big bet puts our hand to the muck. If we had less than $400 left, IŽd consider folding way more often.

Also if this flop would have been seen 3-ways, IŽd consider folding much more often.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM

I don't mind the flop call. I think that since HERO is willing to rep other hands and bluff/semi bluff various turns and/or rivers then calling this flop is more than fine. If HERO wasn't planning on bluffing at all and just wanted to play his hand for what it was then I can see folding the flop.

Turn raise is nice and makes it very hard for opponent to call with many hands. Even if he calls (which he did) we still have outs and are deep enough to bluff again on river if need be. Unfortunately HERO actually hits his flush but it looks like the opponent hit a larger one so the river is a fold imo. I really doubt the opponent calls this turn raise to turn any sort of non flush hand into a bluff, so think the river is a pretty easy and standard fold.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:38 PM

You played it well preflop/flop/turn. You have to raise turn once youve called the flop.
Which site was this on? This is something i usually take into consideration.

Vs a competent player i do think its a pretty easy fold, but since hes unknown makes it a little more difficult. He should only be showing up here with set/3 pair and a high flush draw to make the turn call.
However, since we dont know how he would play lower flushes/missed houses, etc a call isn't so bad. Im would also rule out the bare A, unless with a set. Not many people are going to call so much just to bluff the river when a diamond does appear. I also assume unknowns don't bluff the naked A.

Still think i just lean towards folding due to the instant push.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 PM

I tankede down and called, he showed to my surprsie a naked QJxx... Hmm
Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM

He was thinking u had same hand on turn, and wanted u off the split probarly, or he was just confused.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 PM

For starters, I'd raise the flop here pretty much always. You've got a much better than average hand HU and villain's likely betting his whole range. I think doing that makes the hand play a lot easier. As played, I think the turn raise is super standard.

River's a really tough decision; a lot of it depends on how your site plays. On Stars at 5/10, an insta-pot is the nuts a ton and I'd probably fold. On Bodog, it might be a call. Again, any read would be super helpful. It's close enough that I really can't say having not played on your site.