Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

Don't forget that the entire receiving corps is new. It seems to me that they are still throwing late in games to fine tune the timing between Brady and Moss, Welker and Stallworth.

Also, speaking just for the last game, the Cowboys called a timeout inside of 2:00 left or else the Pats would have let the clock run out (according to Belichick on WEEI this week).
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets rewind those tapes and see if we spot anyone. This is the failing of the NFL here in my opinion. They didn't do this, or at least I never heard of them saying "We reviewed years of tape and didn't/did see anything".

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I think they would have found lots of things that they didn't want to disclose.

I do think the NFL basically decided that they had made their point to teams (cut the [censored], no more taping, we're serious) but they also basically decided that what was done in the past (wrt to taping) is done with, and any more publicity surrounding it would do more credibility damage to the entire NFL than do anything else.

they had made their point, then made the story go away.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they had made their point, then made the story go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that that's the reality, not sure I agree it's the "right" thing to do.

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe b/c they thought other teams were doing the same thing, so it really wasn't an edge, more like a shared dirty little secret

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be. I think one is more likely than the other, though.

-McGee
Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that the entire receiving corps is new. It seems to me that they are still throwing late in games to fine tune the timing between Brady and Moss, Welker and Stallworth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? This isn't a travesty or anything and I don't think there is that much wrong with it, except that Pats fan keeps trying to come up with lame rationalizations.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 AM

The dynasty isn't going to last forever. Brady will eventually get old or hurt. The team will start getting hit by FA although they do have good draft picks coming up. Bill B will eventually leave. All dynasties come to an end in any period especially an era with such heavy FA.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The dynasty isn't going to last forever. Brady will eventually get old or hurt. The team will start getting hit by FA although they do have good draft picks coming up. Bill B will eventually leave. All dynasties come to an end in any period especially an era with such heavy FA.

[/ QUOTE ]

this team will be a SB threat for 2 or 3 more years I think. after that it's possible, it just depends on how well they draft. but this team is actually not an old team and lots of key guys are under contract for the next 2 or 3 years. the cap situation is fine, though I don't know if both Moss and Asante will be back next year.

but that would make an entire decade of being right at the top of the NFL, which is pretty remarkable in todays NFL.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage time?

I don't think they have been. Is the question whether or not they should be? I don't really have an opinion on that. They're all pro teams, so basically anything goes IMO.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Cap is fine right now. But players get greedy. Drafts will have to be as good as the ones that have done lately. They do have a lot of young players but young players if they keep winning SBs, want big extensions. Pats don't give those and yes most guys are pretty replacable but little by little the team will start collapsing. It happened to the 9ers pretty quickly twice. It happened to the Cowboys pretty quickly in the late 90s. It just happens and it's just due to the way the league is setup where your can't whore a ton of great players on your bench for that long.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. [censored] you NFL and everyone who questioned what we've accomplished this decade. if you don't like it, then don't get blown out. it's not our responsibility to keep the games close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I can't wait for Jason Taylor or Trent Cole to roll into Brady's knee like Wilfork did to Losman, on purpose I may add. Then we can watch Matt Cassel try to win a game, any game.

Cheaters Never Prosper.