Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Flush Flops: Make ya or break ya

Okay. This was brought up in a post yesterday, but the discussion seemed to die. So, I am bringing it back up as a general topic.

Let me set the stage. The game is a general micro stakes (25-100)NL 6-max game on a standard poker site. Your stack is 100BB. You have a large pocket pair (not AA) on the button and you open for 3-5x the BB. A TAG (20/15/2.5), who's stack covers yours, calls you from the SB. No other reads about the TAG are known. The flop comes 3 suited cards all lower than your pocket pair and no straight can be made from the flop. One of your cards is the same suit as the flop, giving you a flush draw. The TAG checks.

Now, the general consensus in the discussion was that you should push all-in. Some others and I didn't understand why this was the best way to go. It seems that if you push here, the only way the TAG will call is if he is beating you. Also, if he calls and you are behind, are you going to draw out enough to make pushing profitable?

To me, this doesn't make sense. Comments appreciated.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Flush Flops: Make ya or break ya

make normal bet that you would... why would you flat push... if he calls he has you beat so this is not the correct play... i would make my bet more pot sized than normal.. so pot is $5 after preflop... i bet $4.50 instead of $3.75. I would try and get all my money in where possible though to make any nut flush draw bad odds..