Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: \"The Mist\" imo will be awesome

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ that being a bad ending

it's basically the ending 28 Days Later should have had, and sounds awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

man some of u guys have such bad taste in film and no concept of how to construct a good story.

again
<font color="white"> it doesnt end with Jane killing them all then dying or walking into the mist to most certainly his death. it ends with Thomas Jane being rescued 5 minutes after he kills everyone in the car. And the mist which was as far as the eye could see suddenly vanishes and he can see all the way to the horizon. plus the chick that left the supermarket is ALIVE eventhough thats impossible given how the story unfolded, and she is now 90-100 miles south of the supermaket she left. So 4 things happen in a row which make no sense what so ever...and then Thomas Jane does a laughable bad acting job or screaming at himself/god/whoever as two dudes i gasmasks watch him. </font>

imagine 28 days later if
<font color="white">at the end Cillian n the girls are in in the cabin with zombies outside knocking on the door and they all agree to commit suicide, but Cillian only has two bullets so he kills both of them then opens the door to let the zombies kill him, but its not zombies it a couple of police officers who saw their sos sign and are there in their helicopter to fly them home. then Cillian drops to his knees and goes ahhhhhhh.....ahhhhhhhhh.....ahhhhhhhh....ahhhhhhh. all the while the pilots looks at him like " why does this guy keep going ahhhhhhhh?" </font>

thats how u thought 28 days later should?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:05 AM

Next time you wonder why Hollywood films aren't what they could be, remember they produce what they know will sell.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time you wonder why Hollywood films aren't what they could be, remember they produce what they know will sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

this wont sell that well because it already getting bad word of mouth thru reviews n industry talk. but it should do ok.
there is no way the studio pushed for this ending. Darabont just decided to do something incredibly dumb on his own
Old 11-17-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

u think that doesnt sound bad esp given how perfect the original book ending was?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I'm not saying it sounds great or anything, but if I'm trying to market a horror movie I certainly don't want an ending like that in the book - it's very anti-climactic and decidedly un-cinematic. Don't get me wrong, the novella is perfect - with that ending - but I have no problem with a change when it's adapted IF it makes sense and works.

But from what you're saying it doesn't work at all. The whole suicide/Army guys could've worked but you're right, the woman showing up at the end is just wrong. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 AM

I am hearing from some smart people that the ending is great. In another thread, CDS quoted Edgar Wright saying that he loved it. I didn't read the spoilers, and I have no idea what I'll think, but I just hate how we have CDS unilaterally poisoning everyone's expectations (intentionally, apparently).
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am hearing from some smart people that the ending is great. In another thread, CDS quoted Edgar Wright saying that he loved it. I didn't read the spoilers, and I have no idea what I'll think, but I just hate how we have CDS unilaterally poisoning everyone's expectations (intentionally, apparently).

[/ QUOTE ]

ya..trust me..based off of Wright's quote I have to totally re-evaluate him in terms of how he views a succesful ending.

i did a informal survey after seeing the film to see if it was just me...cuz everything else was good and up until that last point i was really into the flick. the guy i saw it with was like man that ending was really strange? and i told him how the novella ends n he was like [censored] that was have been an amazing ending to this flick.

emailed n imed a bunch of people. some didnt like it as a whole, a couple said it reminded them of a lame version of The Host, but most were like yeah it was pretty cool but the ending was awful. so its not just me.
and the reviews so far have been lukewarm to bad.

really bums me out cuz the first 3 acts work overall for me as a fan of the book...but god that ending.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:10 AM

and kimbell..im not trying to make u not go see it or kill yr expectations. im just pissed cuz it had me up until those last 5 minutes.

also Dom..i disagree..in a skilled screenwriter/directors hands that original ending could have been done perfectly and would have been fantastic. but the majority of directors today wouldn't be able to pull it off without [censored] it up somehow.

less is always more in film
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and kimbell..im not trying to make u not go see it or kill yr expectations. im just pissed cuz it had me up until those last 5 minutes.

also Dom..i disagree..in a skilled screenwriter/directors hands that original ending could have been done perfectly and would have been fantastic. but the majority of directors today wouldn't be able to pull it off without [censored] it up somehow.

less is always more in film

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...I just hate to bash on a film i haven't seen yet...a good horror film is tough to get right.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 AM

Harry Knowles at Aintitcoolnews.com gave it a big thumbs up - and given the reviewer, that's a hell of a compliment.

I haven't read the book, but based on Harry's review and the trailer it looks like a Stephen King take of "Night of the Living Dead" - innerestin.

since I have about 5 copies of that movie, I'll have to go catch this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RB
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..a good horror film is tough to get right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very. I think most horror film fans just accept that, and just go hoping for the few seconds that might make the whole mess worthwhile. Deciding to watch a horror film takes some optimism.