Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 07:54 PM

Default 2/5 NL Live: AK OOP against two lagtards

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this hand.

2/5 NL Live, $500 Max Buy.

Hero: $2500
MP: $500
SB: 500

MP and SB are totally laggy. MP has an idea of what he's doing. He plays to keep the game from braking (it's his room), but he'll definitely game with races and a pair on the flop. SB has no clue what he is doing and is dumping $500 racks like they're nothing.

- Hero UTG AKo, raise to $15. MP reraise to $50. SB calls. Hero calls. (Pot $150).

<font color="blue"> ---&gt; At this point, I've seen MP reraise and call a push before with JJ, so I figure that he could easily have 10+, AK, AQ. I figure that if I get either my ace or king, I'm good and I'm not laying my hand down for anything.</font>

Flop: A 2 4 rainbow

I check. MP bets $100. SB calls $100. Pot is $350 and they each have $350 behind. I go all-in.

<font color="blue"> ---&gt;At this point, I think that MP is cbetting with his entire pf range. I am not even worried about SB because he doesn't know what he has. I'm also thinking that if a Q, J, 5, or 3 come on the turn, I'm not getting away from it anyway if he draw out, so I might as well push. </font>

What do you guys think is the best action? Is it ever a good idea to call, then check turn to induce another bet? I guess he'll just check behind with his pairs and we could get screwed on the river by someone 2 outing/catching kicker/completing straight, so it's probably a bad idea right?

Thanks in advance guys!

friedace
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL Live: AK OOP against two lagtards

Preflop I don't mind coming over the top, but with the information on MP's 3-betting range you have, I like your call and I like your plan for the hand.

Your flop play is perfect. No reason to get tricky. You got the c-bet into the pot, even better SB is along for the ride, shove is the right move. SB may have A2 or 44 or 35 or some dumb hand here occasionally, but you're generally way ahead of him.

NH.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 AM

Once SB calls preflop I am reraising 100% of the time. But call is OK.

As played I don't dick around on the flop...arrrrrrrrr in.

Also where is this game?

PS. Nice stack.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 AM

Not with those stacks. Get your money in good. Good hand.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:56 AM

i'd have played it exactly the same
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 AM

It's fine, you are going to see lots of Ax going to the showdown with you.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 PM

KurtSF - Yeah, I totally agree with your assessment.... I mean.. with only about
the size of the pot left, I am not folding any turn, so it's better to get it all in there
right? Instead of calling with the intent to call, just put it in on the flop.

Also, to post results, MP3 agonized, saying "How can I fold AK?".... I was praying for him
to fold it so I didn't have to chop (assuming he was telling the truth). I ended up taking
it down on the flop.

I think this result is more evidence for a push being the right move because it folds out
other AKs, and worst case, gets me heads up with AK and folds out AJ/AQ and prevents them
from drawing.

Mr. Donk - I generally don't like reraising with AK OOP preflop because if I miss on the
flop, I'm cbetting, and if called/raised w/o a pair, I'm done from that point on. Can you explain your rationale for this a little more? I'd really
appreciate it because I realize that I am very passive pf with AK.

This game is in a suburb an hour outside of Toronto.

Thanks! It's easy to stay these donks man.. esp with my QQ in early position held up when
I raised, got reraised by SB donk, 3 callers, reraised, and everyone pushed!!! I also
hit 2 sets that held up. But yeah, it was fing sweettttttt! Biggest stack of my life.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for the replies! I really appreciate it.